Part twenty-one [Part 2]

Authors Note: PART 2 SO LIKE YEAH THERES A PART ONE BEFORE THIS AND READ THAT TO UNDERSTAND THIS PART K YEAH IM EXCITED SORRY. 

ENJOY.

_______________________________________________________________________________-

He grabbed my hand softly, both of us glancing at our connected hands for a brief moment before he chuckled.

It was a sweet chuckle, not one of amusement but of enjoyment.

“Let’s go.”

He dragged me along for a while, his right hand holding the polaroid while his other was still holding my hand. It got a bit harder, the camera seeming to fall from his fingers so he had to eventually use the other hand too so he could balance the device properly.

Picture after picture was printing out automatically and Louis quickly grabbed each one, shoving it into the pockets of his shorts as we both ran down this dirt path in front of the house.

There was really nothing to take a picture of. No people, just dirt and very little variety of surrounding vegetation. However, Louis wouldn’t stop smiling and he looked so giddy  that he resembled a shooting star.

“I’m soaring!” He roared into the world as I threw my hands up into the air in agreement. I wish I could have screamed with him, just yell into the void so loud that the heavens above would be able to hear us but I couldn’t and even though that saddened me, I pushed it behind me when I noticed the glow that was emitting from his face.

It was a good idea.

To take him here.

To do this with him.

To have run after him with his lighter in my hand that day at the center.

I wouldn’t have had it any other way and when we heard thunder beginning to speak to us from the sky, we both halted for a second to take deep breaths before our hands met each other again and we ran back inside.

“That was-Winnie. Fuck, that was such a rush and-”

I was still trying to catch my breath a bit as I was leaning against the wall, a bit of my laughter releasing from lips from utter happiness.

“I need a smoke. Like damn it would just be the icing on the cake and-”

Louis began laughing as well and he walked himself right next to me, both of our heads resting against the brick with our eyes closed and our breaths hitched. Our hands were sweaty but we didn’t let go.

“Yeah. I’m tired too.” He commented.