Part fifteen

Louis' POV

As I make my way through the room to my corner, I notice the new anti smoking poster that’s taped high on the wall right behind his desk.

In bold white letters it says, If you’re smoking in here...You’d better be on fire and all I can do is laugh to myself as I cross my arms over my chest.

I lean myself against the wall right beside the door and I just laugh some more as he finally enters the room, his breathing heavy as if he just ran a marathon when he probably just walked up a flight of stairs.

“What are you laughing on about?” He questions, clearing his throat before he finally sits himself down in his thrown.

I glance behind him at the poster again and I smile widely.

“Aww Haney poo I always knew you were a romantic, but this-”

I point behind him with my hand and he raises an eyebrow.

“-For me? I just can’t believe you care for me that much, sweetheart.”

He sighs that annoying ass sigh I have grown so used to.

“Doctor Hane, Louis. Please give me at least that small tad of respect.”

My smile fades and Dr. Killjoy fucking makes the room tense like always. He takes my silence as a reasonable response I’m guessing since he really doesn’t further question the matter and instead organizes some loose papers on his desk.

“And the poster I did not buy for you. I bought it for my office since you are not the first person I have had troubles with when it comes to the no smoking policy of this center. I’m hoping it will give this place more structure and influence youths as yourself to come into realization that there are certain times and certain places for doing things such as to smoke and this is neither a time nor place for it.”

My arms drop themselves moderately, my hands going to my pockets.

“Please do not test me. If you take out even one of those lung vanquishing sticks, I will be done here.”

My eyebrows furrow together and my eyes narrow.

“Are you kidding me right now? Can’t I just fucking put my hands in my pockets? I didn’t even bring any cigarettes with me this time.”

His eyes actually meet mine, the papers now perfectly stacked on top of each other on the right corner-end of the work table.

“I don’t believe you.”

I lean myself away from the wall now, standing myself straight.

“And how is that my problem?”