Gene and Izzy 1/2

A/N: Okay guys so if you don't already know, these two chapters aren't going to be about Louis and Winnie and won't even be in first person. I have a ship from my own story which is Gene and Izzy and yeah I wanted to write a little short story about them. I hope you enjoy and if you don't want to read it, that's cool too. You do not need to read this to follow the rest of the series. This is just a side thing I REALLY wanted to do because I am very attached to Gene and Izzy and I want them to be happy. So yes. Here. This is the first part. :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

     It had been three days since Gene was admitted to the hospital for attempted suicide. She was tired and exhausted and hated how she couldn't even go wee without everyone asking her where she was going and whether she needed help. She was nineteen for fucks sake. I mean I guess she understood in a sense why the people in her family were treating her like a ticking time bomb but she still found their actions to be quite extreme. 

     It probably didn't help that she refused to look at any of them, but she couldn't help it. Gene just wanted to do something for her family for once and they didn't let her; they didn't want her last gift and that hurt her chest. She imagined that if she would look at them, all she would see would be disappointment, rejection, and other horrible things that she didn't allow herself to think about. They probably saw her as a freak. They probably thought that she was just seeking attention. I mean that's what adults usually think about young suicides anyway, right? That they die so they can be noticed for once. If that was the case however, Gene would've ended it all when she was five. She was alone and sad and was only spoken to by Sylvia and her Transformers action figures that glowed in the dark. Well at least when she would do the voices for them that is. 

     She never did feel normal in her own home anyway, feeling like the black sheep with her completely different bloodline and gray eyes that she thought were as gloomy looking as dark clouds on a rainy day. She wasn't spontaneous or creative like, Winnie. She wasn't a genius like her parents. She felt that she was just Gene. That she was just a waste of a creation. Her real parents didn't even want her for fucks sake, so how could she expect others to want her too? 

     She dealt with her pain in different ways over the years. She used to scream in her pillow at first, her hands gripping on to the sides tightly as she would just yell. It would help ease her rising panic for a while. But then she grew used to it and had to change things up. She started wearing a rubber-band on her wrist everyday and would pull it up as high as she could before letting it go, allowing the band to strike her wrist. She always would trace the red mark on her skin the following day as if it were a tattoo. But like the pillow screaming, the rubber-band bit got old and it suddenly no longer felt like it was enough. She needed more. She needed more of a distraction. 

     She began dragging her knuckles down her cement walls slowly and violently over and over again until light streaks of red would appear. It made her feel alive, but then would devour her soon after. Regret would consume her like a black hole and take her back to her own reality in a teasing manner. She always hoped that one day it would finally take her to another world. It never did.

     Then she went along with Renee and Ruby to some party that they said was going to be the party of the year and she met him. Tony. 

     Tony was one of the guys in the stoner group (As Ruby had called them). His hair was always gelled back neatly and sometimes Gene thought that he was apart of some secret mafia that no one knew about. He fit the part. With his good business skills and god sent gift of persuasion, Gene knew that Tony could probably sell a piece of gum to the Queen for a thousand quid. Then again, he wasted his talents by selling drugs left and right for a cheap buck and that sometimes disappointed Gene.