Part eighteen [Part 2]

A/N: This is a double update so please read the first part that was posted today as well in the chappy before or you won't understand what's happening.

------------------------------------

I texted Coop who was sleeping outside in his bus that I was on my way to the parking lot, and handed him the napkin right when I entered his vehicle.

His eyebrows raised as he read it, asking me what I wanted to do. I explained to him how I was a bit afraid of what the outcome could be for some reason and he just hugged me before placing the napkin on his lap.

“No matter how much I don’t like the guy, I do like you. And you promised, remember?” He said as his hands rested on the steering wheel, waiting for my say.

I told him he was right and he hugged me again before finally taking me to Louis’ place, my arrival being a few minutes earlier than asked.

I’m unsure if he minds, but now I’m standing here in front of the door I have stood in front of many times. Neither Garett nor any other suited man is blocking my way and the only thing separating me from him is this piece of wood with it’s expensive looking knob.

The napkin is being held in my left hand while my right hand is formed into a fist.

I knock twice, the weakest sounding knocks I’ve ever fucking heard in my life.

It takes about six seconds (Who’s counting anyway.) until the door finally opens.

His eyes look a little tired when he first sees me, them filling up with this sudden life when he realizes who the owner of the sad knocks is.

He’s wearing a black Leeds Festival T-shirt and my nerves ease up.

His smile looks as if it never left, but when I glance at his now very faded bruised eye, I am reminded that it has left before.

“Winifred! How you’ve been?!” He chirps, his body leaning against the door frame.

I just keep on looking at the purple patch on his skin, and I begin to feel even more lost than ever.