EPILOGUE

7 years later

"Ouch!" The girl scratches the arm that the ball had landed upon. It was one fine sunny day and she, and her friends, were playing in the green fields of Rocket Park, a playground in Auckland, New Zealand, when suddenly a ball hit her arm.

"I'm so sorry, were you hurt?" the timid girl asked.

"No, it's okay, I'm okay." she gave her gummy smile despite what happened earlier.

"Are you sure? I'm really sorry." the girl said apologetically.

"Yes, I'm fine," she replied and handed the ball to the girl. "What's your name?" she added.

"I'm Selene. You?"

"I'm Astra, it's nice to meet you, Selene." She offered to shake her hand, and Selene accepted the nice gesture.

"Uhm, do you want to join us in playing?" Astra offered shyly, to her surprise, because she was never shy with anyone before, and she felt that her heart did a quick somersault.

"A-are you sure?" Selene stutters a little, like she always does. She's a very shy kid because she thought she was just an average girl with a very average look, and that no one would even bother to take a second look.

But not to Astra, Astra finds her ethereal. Wow. Big word, Astra, she thought.

"Definitely. Come with me!" She held Selene's hand and pulled her so she could join them. Selene was deeply welcomed with smiles by Astra's friends.

"Love, do you know the girl Astra and her friends are playing with?" Jennie asked Chae while looking at the kids.

"Hmmmmm, no, is she a friend of Astra?" Chae replied with another question.

"I don't know, but I don't think I've seen her before." Jennie replied with growing curiosity. "Oh, they're coming love, shhhh." Jennie silenced Chae, earning a soft chuckle from her.

"Mommy, Mama, this is Selene, I met her just today, and asked her to join us in playing to which she agreed. Selene, these are my mothers, Mommy Jennie and Mama Chae."

"Hello Mrs. Parks, I am pleased to meet you. My name is Selene." she greeted and bowed her head as a sign of respect.

"Hello Selene, it's nice to meet you, and it's also nice to hear that Astra made a friend already. How have you been?" Chae continued the conversation.

"I'm great Mrs. Park, thank you for asking." Selene slightly blushed when she heard the beautiful voice of Astra's mother.

"Hi Selene, it's Aunt Jennie and Aunt Chae for us." Jennie said and proceeded to hug the shy girl.

"I—thank you Aunt Jennie." Selene shyly replied.

"Join us in lunch, will you, please?" Jennie invited.

"Oh no, it's, uhm, I'm okay."

"Please, for me." Astra pleaded with her puppy eyes.

"Yes, please Selene, join us." Chae seconded.

"Okay, thank you." Selene muttered shyly.

"Yes!" Astra and Chae did the high-five, to which Jennie and Selene giggled at.

Soon after, they eat their lunch. Jennie and Chae couldn't ignore the fact that their daughter is literally stealing glances over Selene, and they knew right there and then that their daughter is bound to take the road they both took during their childhood days, up to the time where they were both oblivious to what they really feel towards each other.