Your happines > Mine

"Oh, what?" Chae asked.

"Oh, so will you allow him to court you again? Jennie questioned.

"Uhm, I honestly don't know yet, but I'm happy that he's back." Chae smiled beautifully.

"Of course you are," Jennie sighed, failed to hide her disappointment.

Chae just looks down, knowing that Jennie will not be happy about it. Jennie and her being the best friends that they are today, shared with each other mostly everything about them, including love life matters. And Jennie being the protective unnie to her Chae, yes, hers, her baby, baby sis, the thought tasted bittersweet to Jennie, will do anything to protect Chae from another heartbreak, that might be caused by just one person. Chan, her first love, Chae's first love.

"But if you don't want me to entertain him, I won't, just please don't be mad." teary-eyed Chae spoke.

Looking straight into Chae's eyes she thought of being selfish, and convince Chae to refuse his plans. But who is she to meddle with her happiness, so even if it hurts so bad, just by thinking of seeing them together again, she gave her consent, an unsolicited consent she thought.

"of course you have to follow your heart, so accept him, if it means happiness for you, then you have my support, Chae." Jennie smiled bitterly.

"Really? Unnie? Is this true? I mean, are you really okay with that? Chae excitedly asked.

Seeing how it made Chae happy, she nods almost not so willingly.
"I will never be a hindrance to your happiness Chae," she tucked some hair to Chae's ear and stared at her lovingly.

without any word Chae hugged Jennie, "Thank you unnie, that means a lot, really." she said after the hug.

"You are very much welcome, baby," Jennie said.

"Yay! Why am I blushing with the way you called me baby" Chae joked cheerfully.

she jokingly smacked Chae's head and laughter erupted from the kitchen.

I wish I was the reason for your laughter, I wish I've made you so happy, like you are now, during those days when Chan was not here, but I know my time has come to its end, and maybe, just maybe, it's time for me to let go. Jennie thought sadly while staring fondly at Chae who keeps on giggling.