Arranged Marriage

Dinner was all set when the couple arrived at the Park's dwellings.
They were welcomed by the delicious aroma of the foods on the table.

"Hi mom, dad." Jennie hugged them both.

"Hello sweetie. Glad you came." Mrs. Park answered.

"I would be mad if she didn't," Alice interjected herself in the conversation.

"Alice!!! Oh my God, you looked so gorgeous, tell me about your skincare please." Jennie's excitement was written all over her face for seeing the older Park.

"hey! you looked so magnificent yourself." Alice complimented Jennie as they hugged each other.

"Ehem!, how about your younger sister?" Chae butt in.

"Hello, Rosie poop! It's nice to see you again, gimme a hug." she motioned for Chae to come and hug her.

"Pssshhh! hey! don't embarrass me like that in front of my girlfriend." Chae complain while Jennie herself just blushed with the sudden confession of her girlfriend.

"You what?!?" the Parks chorused with confusion.

"Let's eat first please, I'm starving." Chae dismissed them and pull a chair for Jennie and her.

"Well, I'm not even surprised, considering your stomach." Alice teased Chae.

Minutes have passed and they were all eating silently when Mr. Park speaks up.

"Eherm! So, this girlfriend relationship of yours, is this some kind of a serious matter, or you two are just flirting or so?" not even a single facade he said.

"Dad, I'm really sorry for making you all confused. But I loved her since forever, and I don't want to let go of her anymore." Jennie held Chae's hand and looked at her in the eyes.

"What are you saying sorry for?" he chuckled lightly. "We are so closed in pulling you both for some kind of arranged marriage." now he is laughing.

"What, why?" Chae was dumbfounded.

"Rosie baby, we have known you since you were born. And your childhood speaks up for yourself. We've seen how jealous you were at times when Jennie was playing with some of your childhood friends." Mrs. Park answered.

"And you will always choose Jennie over me." Alice scoffed at Chae.

"errrr, I did that?" Chae just scratched her head.

"Yes!" again, the Parks.

"So, you are not mad at me, at us? At all?" Jennie asked in confirmation.

"Hell no. This dork here almost took a lifetime to realize it though." Alice replied with a smile.

Jennie and Chae breathed a sigh of relief. Seems like they were a little worried for nothing.

Chae gently rubbed Jennie's backhand and looked at her lovingly.

Dinner ended up calmly and Jennie bid her goodbye to the Parks.

"It was a very sumptuous dinner, thank you, Mom, Dad, and Alice. And thank you for accepting us without judgments." she hugged them individually.

"Let's have dinner with your Dad and Mom next weekend okay?" Mr. Park said to Jennie, and he shifted to Rosie, "take care driving, honey." they all waved to Jennie and Rosie.

"So, since childhood,hmmmmmm, that's a bit an ancient you know?" Jennie's teasing Chae.

"I know right, I don't ever remember those kinds of stuff." Chae laughs heartily.

"You must be very obvious back then, hubby," she smirked at her.

"Oh, so now you are playing like you weren't in love with me for like a gazillion years, huh?" she teased back. And they were both amazed how their loved ones took notice of everything that had happened way back since then.

"Do you wanna go inside and drink hot chocolate with me?" Jennie caressed Chae's cheeks.

"Is it really hot chocolate only, hmmmmmm?" she claimed Jennie's lips as they're walking to the door. Jennie managed to open the knob and they both made their way. They were kissing hungrily until they choked themselves when they heard a soft man-made cough.

"Dad, when did you arrive?" Jennie asked while she's adjusting herself.

"Mi-Mr. Kim, hello, how have you been?" Chae asked without even looking at Mr. Kim.

"Oh, since when did I become Mr. Kim to you, Rosie?" he said in a stern voice.

"Uhm, hello Dad." she amended.

"Jennie, I think you should take your rest now, sweetie. It has been a long day," he commanded.

"Okay, but after I walk her outside," Jennie said but before she could walk near to Chae, Mr. Kim cut her off.

"I'll walk her after we talk," he replied.

"But--"

"No buts, baby," he said with a very serious face, making Jennie shiver in slight fear.

She looks at Chae and kisses her, then walks upstairs. Her father would not try to break them apart, would he? she thought to herself and tucked herself into bed.