It's a Date!

"Dad!" Jennie immediately jumped off the bed to hug her father. Chae followed through.

"Hey, baby! Rosie." she hugged them back.
"I see you two decided to spend some movie time together. Thank you Rosie for accompanying this baby." pinching Jennie's cheek.

"It's a no bother Dad, I would not be at ease too knowing she's alone here, in the middle of the night." Chae reasoned gladly and Mr. Kim smiled sweetly. He's fond of their friendship.

"Well, I'll leave the two of you, and let you continue watching your favorite film. I just came to say goodnight." he hugged them again and kissed their heads. "Oh, and Rosie, please stay for tonight. I don't want to be killed by Mr. Park if something happens to you." he smiled at her and gave a wink to her daughter. Jennie's eyes widened in disbelief.

"'night dad. Love you." Jennie said pushing her father out of her room. Thank goodness Dad came in or we'll be in great trouble. Jennie thought.

"Unnie, do you still want to finish the movie? I'm a little bit tired though, can we just sleep?"

"Yeah, sure, I'll just clean this mess, you go ahead. Goodnight." she kissed her forehead and cleaned up everything.

After a while, she went back to her bedroom and slide herself under the blanket. She hugged Chae's waist, Chae mumbled something upon contact. Must be goodnight, Jennie assumed.

They both fell into a deep slumber as they tried to forget everything that happened tonight.

[JENNIE'S POV]

"You ready?" Chae nodded.
"Here, take this with you." she handed the lunchbox full of Kimchi Fried Rice and side dishes.

Chae was amazed, "How did you manage to cook this? Thank you! You're the best!" she kissed and hugged Jennie.

All for you, Jennie thought, words remain under her throat.

Upon arriving at the school grounds, they immediately saw Chanyeol. He waved at them, earning a frown on her face.

"I'll go ahead and see you later." she excused.

"Not so fast Unnie, come, I want you to meet Chan again, and might as well say hello to him." Chae grabs her arm to walk towards him.

She pursed her lips. She doesn't want anything from him, not even a not-so-friendly conversation. But because it's Chae, she complied unhappily.

"Hi ladies, Rosie," he smiled from ear to ear, "and Jennie" and gave her a casual smile.

It hit a nerve on her. She knew Chanyeol and her didn't have a good history, let alone being rivals in Chae's heart.

"Hi! I see you're back," she said nonchalantly.

"Yes I am, and now that I am back, I'm gonna take back what was rightfully mine." he looked at Jennie and they began staring at each other as if there's a virtual ongoing staring contest.

Chae broke the trance by slapping Chanyeol's shoulder and said, "Yaaahh, stop, i haven't said yes yet."

Jennie smirked at him secretly, she nod at Chanyeol putting an end to their first and hopefully the last encounter they will ever have. She hugged Chae and kissed her cheek and whispered something in Chae's ears, making the younger girl blush.

"I'll see you later, flirt." she rebutted. They separated and they made their way to their respective classrooms, as the bell rang furiously.

[CHAE'S POV]

"Is it even possible to take you out for a movie tomorrow?" Chanyeol asked Rosie.

"Yeah, sure, I've been constantly ditching you in the past few days, so I would like to make it up with you." Rosie agreed shyly.

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow afternoon then, thank you, you won't regret it." Chanyeol quickly went to his room.

Rosie is just as happy as he is.

Lunchtime came in swiftly and they all gathered in their favorite spot.

"So, Lisa and I made plans for tomorrow, an overnight thingy, I'm sure you will both like it." she looked at Lisa like she's sending a message that only the two of them knows.

"Yeah, it will be the four of us, we'll get to relax, eat together, enjoy the rest of our school offs, what do you say?" Lisa's eyes shifted from Jennie to Rosie.

"It's an overnight stay to one of our newly-bought resthouses, so Lisa and I thought it would be wonderful if you guys will join us," Jisoo explained.

"Yeah sure. It's fine by me. I have been meaning to go to the beach one of these days, and I guess your idea suits my taste." Jennie agreed enthusiastically, excitement is written all over her face.
"How about you Chae?" trying to confirm something.

"Err, uhmm, Chanyeol and I have made plans already, we're going to see a movie tomorrow afternoon. I have been constantly ditching him because of some unexpected situations for the past few days. And I told him I'm gonna make it up to him." biting her fingers, she repeated some of the words she have said to Chanyeol.

"Oh! Well, maybe next time I guess?" the excitement she was feeling a while ago was diminished by the sudden rejection from Chae.
"Enjoy, you love birds." she teased.

Chae's mind is battling with one another. She really needs to make it up with Chanyeol and spend some time alone with him too. It may seem odd but she have forgiven him the moment he explained everything, about him leaving her without a warning.

But her other mind also likes to be with Lisoo and more importantly to spend more time with Jennie. She haven't forgotten last night's unexpected turn of events, and her mind was constantly bugging her to have a one on one confrontation with Jennie about it. But she was having second thoughts, a part of her wants to know what was it all about, but another part of her is worried about what it really might be.

She looks at Jennie who is now silently eating her food, sadness now visible to her face, then she brought her eyes back to the food she was eating. It warmed her heart, bringing millions of mixed emotions to her veins. She wants this, she wants to spend more time with Jennie and she's willing to sacrifice Chanyeol just to be with her.
What she is feeling right now cannot be fathomed, but she will deal with it later, but for now, she has to be with Jennie.

"I'm in." out of the blue Chae uttered. Jennie, Jisoo, and Lisa brought their eyes to her.

"Chae, you don'---" Jennie but she was immediately cut by Jisoo.
"It's a date then." And with that, Lisa and Jisoo smiled mischievously at each other.