Make up your mind

The bell rang and students immediately as if on cue,  went out of the room. Jennie was left behind still thinking about Chae.

Jisoo and Lisa were about to go out, but they realized that Jennie isn't moving.

"Jen, let's go. Chae is waiting, you don't want to worry her again, do you?" Jisoo said.

"Okay," she replied nonchalantly and stood up.

Chae saw them coming and run towards them, greeting Jisoo and Lisa first, she notices that Jennie isn't as bubbly as she was a while ago.

"Unnie, why? are you not feeling well again?" she touches Jennie's forehead.

"No, I'm okay, I'm just a little worried about our incoming tests." she lied.

"I can help you study if you want." she grin at her.

"Sure." she smiled weakly, "Let's eat, I'm hungry." she guided them to the table.

"I'll get you food, stay seated." Chae offered.

"I'll tag along, chipmunk!" Lisa almost shouted at Chae to stop her from running to the counter.

When Chae and Lisa were gone, Jisoo's face went serious mode and ask Jennie, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired about everything." she sigh.

"Hey, Chan's just back, but we aren't sure yet if Chae will take him back. She's a smart lady, and --, "

"and she loves him." Jennie cut Jisoo.

"But that doesn't mean that she'll take him back. She knows you won't approve." Jisoo insisted.

"I already gave my approval, and she was happy about it."

"What? Are you really giving up on her? Just like that?" Jisoo's voice was a bit loud, she noticed that she caught some of their schoolmates' attention, but luckily not of ChaeLisa's. So she lower her voice and said, "You can't just give up on her without giving yourself a chance to fight for her."

"I am not confessing, not today, not tomorrow, never!" Jennie hissed.

Jisoo was about to answer back, but she saw that her girlfriend and Chae is already coming, along with their food. So she held back everything for the time being, but definitely not forever.

Chae smiled at Jennie, kissed her cheek, and gave her her food.

She was taken aback by Chae's actions but nonetheless lightened up her mood. Chae is really her happy pill. Her vitamin. Her everything.

She smiled back at her and eat well until she finished her food.
Chae was glad to see that Jennie have eaten everything she ordered for her.

Jisoo and Lisa look at each other and smiled. They can see that Jennie's mood has been lifted up. Only because of Chae, and for Chae only.

"What will you do after school?" Lisa asked.

"Well, I'm gonna drive Jennie unnie home, and I'll meet with Chan to see a movie," Chae answered mindlessly.

Jisoo immediately look at Jennie to see her reaction, and she could see the pain in her eyes. She instantly asks Jennie about her plans as well.

Jennie simply answered, "I will just rest at home, I'm tired, too tired." the last two words just came out like a breath.
"And Chae, you don't need to take me home, Jisoo and Lisa will drive me home, right Lisoo?" she called them by their ship name.

"But, I prom---,"

"It's okay, I don't want to be a bother." Jennie cut Chae off, stand up, and said, "If I may excuse myself, I have an assignment that needs to be done." she hurriedly walk away, leaving Chae, Jisoo, and Lisa's mouths open in shock.

"Did I say something wrong? What have I done?" Chae restlessly asked the couple.

"Let me talk to her," Jisoo said to Chae, while Lisa is consoling her.

Jisoo walk-run to reach Jennie's hand and bring her to the nearest corner to talk to her.

"What was that all about, J?"

"What? I still have important assignments to do." she acted coolly

"We both know that we do not have an assignment for the next subject. I don't like you acting that way towards Rosie." with a hint of annoyance Jisoo said.

"I'm just hurt, jealousy is exhausting the hell out of me. I feel like I do not have the right to be happy. Moments ago I was showered by love and affection, and a minute later an avalanche came unannounced to destroy everything." said Jennie exasperatedly.

"Still, you don't need to act like a jealous girlfriend to her, because you chose to be a friend to her, just a friend. So if you will give me that reason, think again, because I'm not going to buy it. Not until you came to your senses and finally accept that whatever you choose, you will only get hurt. But one has a sweet reward if you'll only make up your mind and take the risk. Chae will not be single forever. It is still your call, but remember that whatever you choose, I'm still be here, Lisa and I will always be here for you." she narrated, hugged Jennie tightly, and left.

Jennie just put her hands to her face and cried. She knows that Jisoo is 100 percent right. She let everything consume her when she got tired, she stand up and went home.