Adam x Lute IV

- With Adam and Sera -

Sera watched as Emily and Lute went outside, Sera looked over at Adam, concerned.

Sera - "What happened to Lute?"

Adam - "Oh, nothinggggg...heh"

Sera - "Okay...well, I need to speak to you about a complaint from a fellow angel."

Adam - "Whoop there it is."

Adam said jokingly, as Sera stared at him blankly

Adam - "Heh..sorry"

Sera - "They said you and Lute harassed him at the grocery store. Mostly Lute, which is what i'm here to talk to you about. I need you to talk to Lute about this complaint, I would myself, but you and I both know she won't listen to me. But you, on the other hand, if you spoke to her about it, i'm sure she'd listen"

Adam - "The fuck you want me to tell her? 'Don't stand up for yourself, Lute or else Seras gonna shit herself with complaints."

He said mockingly. Sera looked unimpressed.

Sera - "Adam, I'm serious and....."

Sera kept yapping about the angels complaint about Lute in the grocery store, Adam was zoned out of the conversation. He heard Lute say something loudly outside while her and Emily were chatting.

Lute - "Am Not! And I do not have feeling like that for Adam!"

He couldn't hear the rest of their conversation or the context of it. But he thought he had heard enough just from that one line. He could assume what it was about. He knew he was falling in love with Lute. therefore, hearing her say it with his own ears really hit him hard. His cocky confidence he had in the moment immediately shifted, Sera was too busy bitching to notice.

Adam - "Sera okay, just. I get it, I'll talk to Lute about it.."

Sera - "Okay, Adam, you better."

Adam - "Yep.. you got it, Sera."

Sera - "Well then, I suppose I should get going."

Adam - "Alright."

Adam said, opening the door and waiting for Sera to leave. He appeared irritated but was really just devastated.
He didn't want to be distant with Lute, but he really didn't have the motivation to do anything after hearing what she said despite not knowing all the details.
He carried Lute inside and sat on the couch.

Lute - "Are you okay, Adam?"

Adam - "Yeah I'm fucking fine."

He said very monotone, not even looking at Lute.

Lute - "Okay... you don't really seem like it?"

Adam - "Yeah, well I am."

Lute didn't respond. She didn't know what to say. She's never seen him like this. She moved closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder.
Her doing like was eating Adam up inside. He didn't have the heart to make her move, though. He enjoyed it, but it hurt, the fact he thought she didn't love him like he loved her made it very painful the endure.
Lute didn't understand what was making him so upset. She wished he would tell her, and she felt like he wanted space, so she started to get up. She started walking away, holding the couch for support as it was still difficult to walk. Adam didn't stop her. He was busy in his own little world of thoughts.