Chapter 1: Same Old Routine

I own nothing except the characters Melody, Alexandra, Lyza, Liz and Clara. All rights to J.K. Rowling

Chapter One: Same Old Routine

“Here’s an empty compartment,” I said motioning to the compartment on the Hogwarts Express. My best friend Alexandra and I sat down across from each other and closed the clear doors giving us a little privacy. Alexandra pulled her long auburn hair back into a pony tail and adjusted her glasses which hid her pretty auburn eyes. “How do you think fifth years gonna go?” She asked looking out the window. I tucked a strand of my long, goldish blonde hair behind my ear. “Oh… I don’t know. Probably the same old routine.”

“You mean you and Oliver constantly being at each other’s side and ignoring me, Liz and Lyza?”

“No! Al, Oliver and I are just friends. Besides I’m pretty sure he likes Clara McGurrie. Even if he did like me, wouldn’t he have asked me out yet? And I don’t even like him.”  Alex just looked at me with the you’re- kidding- me- right? look.

“Melody Roslin Peterson. I know when a boy likes a girl and when a girl likes a boy. You two have the look when you look into each other’s eyes.”

“Speaking of Liz and Lyza where are those troublesome twins?” I asked changing the conversation. I didn’t want to talk about Oliver Wood. Him and I were just really good friends. He was the Gryffindor quidditch keeper and this year, captain. I had absolutely no chance with him. My friends and I are the ones who keep quiet to ourselves. Well… Liz, Lyza and Alexandra can be a little out there sometimes… but still, we weren’t with the popular crowd.

“Don’t try to change the subject!” Alex yelled.

“Were you talking about Oliver again?” Alex and I both looked up. There was Elizabeth and Lyza George. They were twins, but not quite identical nor feternal. They both had the same shade of light blonde hair, but Lyza’s was medium length and wavy. Liz’s was short curly. They also had the same shade of dark blue eyes, but around Liz’s pupil was a yellow circle that spread out throughout her eye and into the blue. Lyza the same, except the circle was dark green. They both had dark rimmed glasses, except Liz wasn’t wearing hers today. They were the same average height and weight.  “Where the hell were you guys?” Alex asked moving over so Lyza could sit next to her. Liz sat down next to me. “I don’t think it takes 10 bloody minutes to find the compartment with your best friends in it.”

“We heard a rumor,” Liz said.

“And we had to make sure it was true.” Lyza said. They also finish each other’s sentences. “Was it that Oliver likes Clara? Cause Melody seems to think that and IT’S NOT TRUE.” Alex said while eyeing me. “Hell no, he likes Mel. And Harry Potter is aboard the Hogwarts Express,” Lyza said.

“On his way to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.” Liz said. “What?!” Alex and I said in unison. Harry Potter? The boy who lived? On the same train as us? That can’t be possible. “You guys are mental.” I said.

“Really? Then how come we spent the last ten minutes looking for his compartment?” Liz said.

“And we found him?” Lyza said.

“You guys really are mental,” Alex said while we laughed. Liz and Lyza smiled. “I’m pretty sure the little Weasley boy thinks we’re mental too,” Lyza said.

“Another Weasley?” I asked. Geeze the Weasley’s must be the biggest wizarding family ever. “Of course. He had the same bright red hair as Percy and Fred and George.” Percy and the twins Fred and George were in Gryffindor house with Liz, Lyza, Alexa and I. “What did you guys do to traumatize him?” Alex asked.