Chapter 11: It's named Forbidden for a Reason

Chapter 11: It’s named Forbidden for a reason

“What do you want Wood?” Alex said coldly. Liz and Lyza stood on either side of Alex with their arms crossed. I saw Oliver shuffle a bit.

“Look, guys, I-” Oliver started.

“We don’t wanna hear it Wood. We don’t care that you’re gonna say that you forgive us because it was stupid, well you know what? You’re the one who’s stupid. You didn’t believe us, you believed her-”

“Shhh!!” said the librarian. “And we are not going to just forgive you,” Alex said a bit quieter. “It hurts that you wouldn’t believe us. And it hurts Melody most of all! You are so oblivious Oliver! She gives you the time of day, and you don’t even notice!”

“I know, I was wrong. I believe you. I actually just saw Clara making out with some guy by the lake…” I gasped. I can’t believe Clara would go and do that, even after she saved her sorry ass from Oliver finding out.

“No, Oliver! I don’t wanna hear it! Wait- you- you saw her?” Alex said sympathetically. Liz and Lyza gasped.

“Yes, I saw her. I should of known something was up… I don’t know why I went out with her in the first place. I guess I was just blinded by her-” Alex put her hand up.

“Okay, we understand. Tell something like that to your guy friends. But anyways, I’m really sorry Oliver.”

He shook his head. “It’s fine. But how did you guys find out?”

“After we had visited you in the hospital, we saw them. Melody freaked out on Clara, but then Clara threatened Melody, and then Melody turned back to her normal self.” Normal self? What does Alex mean by my normal self?

Oliver shook his head. “I wish she could stand up for herself. I wish she would have just told me instead of feeling threatened by Clara.” I got angry. The only reason I hadn’t told him was because I didn’t want to break his heart!

“That’s what I was telling her. But she always just cowers back.” Alex said. I could feel my blood boil. I slammed a book onto the ground. “What the fuck was that?” Liz and Lyza said in unison. I stepped out from the aisle I was in. Oliver, Liz, Lyza and Alex looked behind them. Their eyes widened.

“Melody!” they all screamed. The librarian shushed them. I gave them the angriest look I could pull off before I ran. “Mel, wait!” I heard Alex scream. I turned around so fast that I hurt my neck.

“So you do think I’m a coward, huh?” They all stepped back and looked at each other. “I can’t believe you. Telling me that I did belong and then talking about me like that...” I couldn’t find any other words to say.

“Melody, we didn’t mean-” Oliver said.

“Just please- leave me alone.” I said before I ran off. I heard their footsteps behind me and I ran faster. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could hearing their distant steps. I made it to the ground floor and ran towards outside. It had suddenly gotten really dark. I didn’t remember being in the Owlery or in the library for that long. I ran as fast as I could towards the forbidden forest.

“Melody!” they yelled. Without thinking I ran into the forbidden forest. I ran for I don’t know how long. I stopped and breathed in and out slowly. I looked around. I was in the forbidden forest. I was in the forbidden forest! I started to panic. I put my hand on my forehead and looked around. I didn’t know where I was. I looked down. I wasn’t on the path. Holy crap why wasn’t I on the path? Why would I be so stupid as to run off the path? I walked in circles as my breathing got faster and faster. It was pitch black now. I heard a wolf howl, or better yet, a werewolf. I started to panic- cry. You know that crying where you’re so scared but barely any tears are coming out.