Chapter 2: He's in Gryffindor?!

Chapter 2: He’s in Gryffindor?!

“Can you see him?” Lyza asked me. I stood on my toes trying to catch a glimpse of Harry Potter through all the crowded witches and wizards. “No, I can’t,”

“C’mon! You’re the tallest out of all of us!” Liz screamed. Then I saw jet black hair running up towards the half-giant Hagrid who is the gamekeeper of Hogwarts. “I think I see him!” I said.

“Where? Where is he?!”

“He’s with Hagrid, I think,” I said then I felt somebody’s hands around my waist. I turned to see who it was. It was Oliver. “Need a lift?” He asked me as he lifted me a little higher. I had to keep in a fit of giggles. Now that I was up a little higher, I could see him, it was him! I jumped down from Oliver’s grip. “Thanks,” I said blushing. “It is him!” I said.

“I can’t believe Harry Potter is coming to Hogwarts,” Oliver said disbelieved.

“Well, what do you expect him to do, live under a rock? Obviously Oliver, he’s going to be a wizard,” stated Alex as we headed to the carriages that take us to Hogwarts.

“Well, you never know he could be a squib like Filch.” Filch is the groundskeeper of Hogwarts. He’s always lurking around the halls with his cat, Mrs. Norris.  “Hey, I feel sorry for Mr. Filch, being surrounded by magical people all day and not being able to do anything like them.” I said. They all turned and looked at me. “You’re kidding me, right?” Lyza said.

“He gave me and Lyza a detention for leaving the library one minute after cerfu. The guy’s a nut case.” Liz said as she climbed into the carriage after her sister. Oliver climbed in. He reached his hand out. I grabbed it and he helped me onto the carriage. Alex got it showing me a smile. The carriage then made its way to Hogwarts. I was always confused by what could be pulling the carriages. I mean, I know we’re in the wizarding world, but still, they can’t just be pulled by themselves. “Still wondering what could be pulling the carriages?” Oliver asked looking at me curiously. “Yeah, I just don’t understand.” I said shivering. It was freezing cold here even though it was September. “Cold?” He asked.

“Just a little,” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“She’s always cold. At times when we were at Hogsmeade, I had to hug her the whole time because she was freezing. But, I’m like a heater its weird, I never get cold.” Alex said.

“You really are,” Lyza said. Oliver laughed and put his arm around me. I tensed up and suddenly got really nervous. Why is he putting his arm around me? Does… he like me? I don’t like him, no no no. But he was so warm. I relaxed and got comfortable in his arms. I felt safe. I felt like I was meant to be in his arms. I looked up at him. He was looking at me kindly with his chocolate brown puppy dog eyes. I gave him a smile. He gave me one back. I looked across to Alexandra, Lyza and Liz. They were all giving me the look of : Yeah, okay. You don’t like him? I don’t believe it. “So, Alex what house do you think Seamus is going to get into?” I asked her breaking the silence. Seamus was Alex’s little brother.

“Well, I hope that little booger gets into any other house except Slytherin. He can be pretty cunning at times when hiding me stuff.” Alex said staring off into space.

“That’s why our mother stopped at us,” Lyza said.

“She couldn’t take anymore after having twins.” Liz said. They had three older brothers. But they had all graduated by now. Gabriel was 18, he just graduated. He was a Ravenclaw. Xavier was 22, he was a Ravenclaw also and now worked in Romania with dragons. And the oldest was Samuel who was 25 and was a Gryffindor and is now an auror. Their father died during He- Who- Must- Not- Be- Named’s reign. He was and auror. So, he died trying to go after The Dark Lord.