Chapter 9: The Truth Comes Out

                “Just to let you all know,” said Professor McGonagall during Transfiguration class. “We will be having a Christmas Ball the day before Christmas Eve.” I sat up straight and looked to Liz and Lyza at the desk beside Alex and I. They both gave me smiles. Finally Hogwarts was having a dance! I looked at Alex with a smile. Her head was resting on the desk, her eyes were closed and there was a pile of drool by her mouth. She was up late last night writing a potions essay for Snape because she had talked back to him… again. I rolled my eyes and slapped her on the head.

                “E equals MC squared!” she yelled. Everybody in the class including Professor McGonagall gawked at her. She blushed and whipped the drool off the corner of her mouth. McGonagall continued teaching while the class giggled. Alex looked towards me.

                “First of all, we’re at a magical school. When the bloody hell will we need to know science?” I whispered to her as I put my quill into my ink bottle and crossed my arms. She shrugged her shoulders.

                “I can’t control my dreams. What did I miss?” She asked as she whipped her parchment from drool.

                “We’re having a Christmas Ball!” I said excitedly. Alex perked up.

                “Do you think-”

                “Girls!” yelled Professor McGonagall. We both sat up straight and turned to her. “I know that this ball is exciting but goodness, it’s not for another month! Now please, pay attention!” and with that she turned back around and continued to lecture the class. Alex and I both smiled at each other trying to hold in giggles. I didn’t know why, but whenever the two of us got in trouble together, we can’t be serious.

                                                                ************************

                “So, Alex fell asleep. Yet again.” Said Lyza as we walked to the Great Hall for lunch. Alex slapped Lyza upside the head.

                “Sorry somebody’s snoring kept me up all night!” Alex said.

                “Wasn’t me!” Liz said putting her arms up. I laughed and pushed Liz. Alex rolled her eyes at us. “No, I don’t know who’s snoring it was. But you’ve got to do something about it!” We all laughed and filed into the Great Hall. Most of Gryffindor house was already there. I saw Oliver and froze. I still haven’t told him about what Clara had done a few days ago. I saw Oliver turn and wave to us. He had a bandage over his head and his eye was still black and puffy. It hurt me to see him like that. The four of us walked up to the Gryffindor table. I sat next to Oliver and Liz, Lyza and Alex sat on the opposite side of the table. The four of us instantly took our plates and filled them with sandwiches and side dishes. Oliver laughed as he poured me some pumpkin juice. “Hungry?” he asked. I smiled and nodded.

                “How are you feeling?” I asked him as I took a bite of my sandwich. He shrugged his shoulders. “Alright I guess. Just a little sore. I’ll be able to get back on the pitch tomorrow!” He said excitedly. I giggled.

                “Oliver! Your eye is still throbbing!” Liz yelled.

                “And you still have to change your bandages!” Lyza yelled.

                “I don’t think you should go back onto the field just yet.” Alex said taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. Oliver shook his head. “I’m not gonna let one accident stop me.” I slapped him on the arm. Alex slammed her pumpkin juice down onto the table and gave Oliver a harsh look. Oliver’s eyes got big. “Alex I’m…” He started.