Chapter 3: O.W.L.'s everywhere

Chapter 3: O.W.L.’s everywhere

            I woke up lying on the floor. Our pillows and bedding were sprawled all around us. I lifted my head up and was greeted by Liz’s butt.

            “Oi!” I screamed. Liz sat up right away. “I didn’t do it I swear!” She yelled.

            “Do… what?” I asked confused. She looked around the room and saw me. She jumped. “No… nothing. What time is it?” she asked. Knock knock knock. “Hey, you girls gonna get up?” We heard the muffled voice of Angelina Johnson outside our door. Lyza shot up, “Liz did it!” She yelled. I looked from Liz and Lyza. They must have had the same dream or something.

            “Yeah, we’ll be out in a minute,” I said.

            “Okay, might wanna hurry up though, breakfast ends in half hour,”

            “WHAT?!” The three of us screamed.

            “I’ll bring you guys up some muffins and pumpkin juice,” she said laughing.

            “Thanks Angelina! You’re the best!” I said as I got out from the tangled mess of blankets. I grabbed all my things; robes, tie, vest, white shirt, gray skirt, black flats, brush, headband, ponytail holder… I think that’s it. I looked over at Alex, picked up a pillow and pelted it at her. Lyza and Liz were also rushing around getting their things.

            “Muurrr…” She said.

            “Half hour ‘til Herbology!” I yelled. She kept her face buried inside the pillow. I went to go pick up my things. I felt like I was missing something.

            “Underwear,” Alex said. Oh, right I grabbed that. But I still felt I was missing things.

            “…makeup” Right! I went into my drawers and grabbed my makeup bag. Still missing something… “How about your wand?” I ran and grabbed my eleven inch, ivy wood, unicorn hair wand. “Wingardium Leviosa” I said as I pointed at my pile of things. They then levitated.

            “Why don’t you just think the spell in your head? You’ve got an Outstanding in Charms. Your Professor Flitwick’s pride and joy,” Alex said stretching.

            “I wanna make sure the spell is right, now get up! 25 minutes! And are you psychic or something?” I said as I guided my pile of things into the bathrooms. “I’m kinda you best friend!” She yelled. I went into the bathrooms and ripped my pajamas off. I put on my Hogwarts uniform. I looked in the mirror. Aw crap. My hair was a greasy mess. I waved my wand and my hair turned wet, waved my wand brought my shampoo over and shampooed my hair. Waved my wand again and my makeup went and did its work. I rinsed my hair and with another waved of my wand, I dried it. I brushed my hair on my own and put it up into a side ponytail and put a red headband on. Waved my wand and my makeup went back into its container, folded my clothes and put everything into a nice pile. I turned around and there was Alex with a sarcastic smile on her face. “You wanted to get the spell right? Really?” She said disbelieved.

            “Did you watch me get ready?” I asked. “I walked in when the air was shampooing your hair. Mel, you doubt yourself too much. You’re going to be a great witch. Hell, you already are one!” I smiled at her and levitated my pile of things. “Thanks,” I said quietly.

“By the way, Oliver is waiting for you with a roll and some pumpkin juice in the common room,” She said as she got into the shower. My heart skipped a beat. I brought my things into my room, put on my hoop earrings and ran down the stairs. And lo and behold, there was Oliver sitting by the fire crossed legged with a roll on a plate and a bottle of pumpkin juice. I tapped him on the shoulder. “Hey,” I said sitting next to him. He turned and he gave me the brightest smile. “I um…” He handed me the plate and bottle. “Thank you,” I said opening the bottle.