Chapter 16: Love is in the Air

                “Wake up!” Yelled somebody as they pelted a pillow at me. I slowly turned and groaned. I eventually did fall asleep last night, but my mind was just running with questions that it wasn’t until 4 hours ago I fell asleep. Maybe I’ll just skip the game today and sleep. “God, Mel! You’re almost as bad as Alex!” Another pillow was pelted at me. “Get!” another pillow. “Up!” and, another pillow. I slowly sat up and opened my crust filled eyes. It was also a bad idea to sleep on the floor; my back was all messed up now. I looked up at Lyza who was holding up another pillow. “Yikes. Looks like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.” She said as she put the pillow down and walked to her dresser.

                “Or floor,” I said attempting to crack my back. No use. I winced as my back and my head were both sore.

                “Your head still hurts you?” Lyza asked. I nodded.

                “Well I did just get out of the infirmary yesterday.” I said as I stood up. I looked over at Alex. She was still fast asleep. “Where’s Liz?” I asked recognizing that Lyza’s other was nowhere to be seen.

                “Shower,” Lyza said as she dug through her clothes. I nodded and picked up a pillow. 

                “Don’t you even dare.” Alex said, her eyes still closed. I put the pillow down as her eyes slowly opened. I rolled my eyes at her. “Our group of friends sure like to roll our eyes at each other.” She said. I laughed and walked to my dresser. The door opened and Liz came through holding a giant vase of flowers. Alex quickly sat up. “What the hell?”

                Liz put the flowers down on her nightstand and looked at them with her hands on her hips. “I swear, if this is from that little Malfoy kid, I’m gonna stick my wand up his ass.” She said as she searched for a card.

                “Ooo!! Liz got flowers!!” Lyza sang as she ran over to her. Alex got up and she and I went up to Liz too. We helped search for a card.

                “Here it is!” Alex said as she pulled a card out from the bottom of the plant. She handed it to Liz. Liz sighed and opened the card. She sat and read it for a second. Lyza, Alex and I all sat there with stupid grins on our faces. Her cheeks soon gleamed pink and she put the card down with a smile on her face. “Well?!” Alex said throwing her hands in the air. Liz blushed. Lyza and I exchanged looks.

                “Percy… asked me to the ball.” Liz said as she put the card back in the flowers and then sat on her bed. The three of us all looked at each other with our mouths wide open. “Ahh!!” we all squealed. Then Alex and Lyza grabbed Liz and lifted her off the bed. We all joined hands and spun around in a circle. “Liz got a date to the ball! Liz got a date to the ball!” We sang as we twirled in a circle.

                “Alright! I got a date! Now let’s stop before I get sick!” Liz yelled. We all stopped spinning and fell to the ground. “If you’d excuse me I have to go talk to Percy.” Liz said as she got up and walked out, giving us a smirk as she closed the door.

                “Should we go spy on them?” Alex asked getting up. Lyza shook her head.

                “No, Liz will figure we’ll go spy on them. I think we should give them their privacy.” She said.  Alex and I nodded. “Now hurry you two and get dressed!”

                                                                                *********************