Chapter 7: Just your typical Halloween

The next few days were okay. Besides the fact that I had that feeling in the pit of my stomach that told me: you don’t belong here. The twins and Alex could tell that I still had that feeling.

“Mel, please. I want to see your smile,” Alex said when we were sitting in the common room. I sat on the red couch in front of the fire with my arms crossed and slouching. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Hey girls!” I heard Oliver say. I got up and walked up to get out of the portrait hole. “Melody!” the twins and Alex said. “Was it something I said?” I heard Oliver say as I walked out.

I fast walked down the hallway passing the many portraits on the walls. “Hello Melody!” said one.

“Where you going on this fine Halloween night? The feast will be starting soon!” said another. Oh yeah, tonight just happened to be Halloween night. Whoop- de- doo. I didn’t know where I was going. I just had to get away from Oliver. I didn’t want another confrontation with Clara. And, I really am falling for him. There is no denying it. Every time I see him, I get a lump in my throat, butterflies in my stomach, and I get sad. Because I suddenly get my hopes up, and I realize I will never be his and he will never be mine.

I hadn’t realized I was crying until I bumped into a dark figure and fell down on the ground. “Oh, I’m sorry,” I said whipping tears from my eyes. “Its okay babe,” said a troll like voice. I looked up and there was Marcus Flint standing above me holding his hand out. I scowled at him. “Get away from me Flint,” I spat while getting up myself.

“You’re the one who bumped into me Peterson,” Marcus said putting his hands up.

“Excuse me,” I said trying to get around him. He grabbed my waist and pulled me back so I was facing him. “Get your troll hands off me,” I said through clenched teeth. His dark eyes showed the look of pleasure. He tightened his grip. I trembled. “What’s wrong, Peterson? You look like you’ve been crying,” he said darkly while brushing my hair out of my face. He tilted my head up. “I can make this pain go away,” He whispered making our lips millimeters apart. I pushed my arms against his chest trying to get away. “Get off you twat!” I yelled surprised by my language. He put his hands under my robes, and then he found the bottom of my shirt and slowly put his hand underneath it. I started getting nervous and trembled even more. “S-stop!” I said stuttering as his hand went more up my shirt. I tried pushing off of him again but he was too strong. His hands on my back were clammy and rough. “Leave me alone!” I yelled my voice shaking. He shook his head and closed his eyes. His hand reached the hook to my bra. “Marcus!” I said hoping using his first name would make him stop. He pushed his other hand harder on my hip and tried to pry his fingers to unhook the latch to my bra. I started sweating and shaking even more.

“Get off her!” I heard an angry voice say. Then somebody pushed him down. My legs weakened and I fell to the ground from shock. “What the hell Flint? Can’t you see how scared she is? Do you have any idea what stop means?” I looked at Marcus as he got up from the ground. He scowled at the boy who pushed him down. “I swear Flint, if I see you touch her again, I will break you.”

“Just wait Wood.” Marcus yelled as he ran away. Oliver bent down beside me and gently grabbed my shoulders “Melody are you okay?” He asked his voice frantic. I looked up at him about to cry. He pulled me into his arms and I cried into his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair and held onto me tight. I quickly realized what I was doing. I pulled off of him and stood up. “I have to go,” I said turning around. He stood up and grabbed my hand. “Melody, what is up with you lately? Why are you avoiding me? How come when I do see you, you’re upset? That’s not the Melody I know!”