Chapter 20: Heartbreaks and Pepper Imps

                Oliver and I walked hand in hand back to the common room. The dance was now over and all I wanted to do was get to my best friend. “Would you slow down? I wanna make this night last as long as it can.” Oliver said as I dragged him.

                “Sorry,” I said slowing down. “I just want to get to Alex. I want to know what happened.” Oliver stopped me and turned me towards him.

                “I understand that, but can’t we have this one last little fairy tale moment before we have to leave?” He asked while rubbing his thumb along my knuckle.

                “Leave for what?” I asked confused. Oliver sighed and we started walking again.

                “Tomorrow’s Christmas Eve Mel, remember? We have to get on the train at like seven in the morning to get home.”

                “We’ll only be apart for a week, and we’ll write each other. It’s going to fine.” I said as we turned a corner. We both looked to the side and there was a couple making out in the corner. I looked up at Oliver and snickered. He let out a chuckle.

                “You’re right. It’s not like you’ve got some boy back in Cheshire?” Oliver said referencing my home city. I shook my head.

                “No, as long as you don’t have some girl back in Scotland.” I said bumping him. He chuckled and shook his head.

                “I went to an all boys school until Hogwarts, so no.” I laughed as we came up to the portrait hole. I looked around at the other portraits. Some of them were sleeping, and some were staring at us with admiration. I blushed as Oliver said the password and we walked into the common room. There were some couples saying goodnight, some girls crying and their friends trying to comfort them. I then noticed Clara. She was sitting there talking to Fred. Twirling her hair, playing with his tie, and sitting on his lap?! What the hell was this?! I got out of Oliver’s grip and started making my way over to them, but Oliver grabbed my hand. “What are you doing?” He whispered yelled.

                “I’m going to slap that bitch in the face.” I said as my blood boiled. I looked up at Oliver and he was shocked. He grabbed my shoulders and looked at me hard in the eyes.

                “Calm down,” He whispered. “Before you go all bad ass on me, you should probably check on Alex first. Deal with Clara later.” Oliver was right. I got out of his grip and headed up to our dormitory. “But not before-” He said grabbing my hand. “You give me a good night kiss.” I smiled and jumped down from the stairs and into his arms giving him a kiss on the lips.

                “See you in the morning.” I said as he tried to kiss a bit longer. He opened his eyes and sighed. He let go of me and I started walking back up the stairs. I turned around and gave him a smile. “Thank you for a wonderful night.” I said as I clutched onto my locket. He nodded and smiled back. He looked as if he was going to say something, but he closed his mouth.

                “Thank you.” He turned on his heel. “See you in the morning, love.” He said in an English accent. I laughed and walked up the stairs. I couldn’t believe it, we were together. I had always thought he would never like me, but he asked me to be his girlfriend. He gave me a necklace and quite possibly the best night I’ve had in my life. I opened my dorm door where nobody was. No sign of Liz, Lyza or Alex. I looked over at Alex’s bed where a big lump was under the covers.