Chapter 4: Falling

Chapter 4: Falling

Alex and I walked in the halls of Hogwarts during our free period the next day. It was also the last period of the day. Liz and Lyza were in Arithmancy. Alex and I took Divination instead of Arithmancy. Liz and Lyza didn’t want to take Divination because they thought Professor Trelawney was a crack pot. Well… she isn’t that good of a teacher, or seer. But it’s pretty cool learning how to tell the future.

“So… you and Fred?” I said slyly to Alex. She looked over at me and blushed. She tucked her auburn hair behind her ear. “What are you talking about?” She asked.

                “Umm… you agreed to be his date to the party after the quidditch match!”

                “Well… only if they win. Let’s go outside.”

                “Now don’t you start changing the subject.” Alex laughed and we walked out onto the large field right next to the quidditch pitch.

                “There’s Ollliivveeerrr!” Alex sang to me as she pointed. And there was Oliver with Harry teaching him about quidditch. “I can’t believe he’s the new seeker,” Alex said sadly. “He’s the youngest one in centuries.”

                I remember Alex’s accident like it was yesterday.

                                                                                 ***************

(One year ago)

                “Go! Go! Gryffindor!” yelled Liz, Lyza and I at the Slytherin vs. Gryffindor quidditch match. It was the last game of the year. I looked up high in the sky and found Alex mounted on her broom. I could never do that. I like being on the ground thank you very much. It’s kinda weird considering I’m a witch and we ride brooms, but heights have never been my thing. I tried waving to Alex but it was pointless. She never lost her focus looking for the golden snitch. Lyza poked me. I looked at her and she pointed towards the hoops. I looked over and Oliver gave me a small wave and a wink. I gave him a wave back and giving him a small smile.                

                “Ollie!” yelled an annoying voice. The three of us looked up and Clara McGurrie was jumping on her feet yelling to Oliver.  

                “That girl needs to shut the hell up,” said Liz. “Ooollliiieeee!!!!!” she yelled again. Oliver saw her and gave her a wave. “Him and I made out the other day,” She said to her friend.

                “Ignore her; she’s only trying to make you mad. It’s not even true,” Lyza said. I smiled at Lyza. I don’t care if Oliver and her made out, we were just friends and it was his business.

                “Alex Finnigan’s spotted the golden snitch!” yelled Lee- Jordan into the microphone. The three of us quickly concentrated on Alex. She flew along the other side of the field. My heart was pounding. I hope she catches it. She’s caught it every other game.

                “Hey!” I heard Marcus Flint, a chaser of the Slytherin’s yell. I looked towards him and he was telling something to one of the beaters of his team. The beater went off and started to follow Alexandra. I started to panic. I had an idea what he was going to do. “No!” I screamed.

                “What’s that beater think he’s doing?!” yelled Liz. Lyza bit on her fingernails. Oliver noticed the beater going after Alex. “Hey!” He screamed to Fred and George. Fred quickly noticed and sped towards Alex followed by George. The beater caught up right next to Alex. Alex looked over to him. “What the bloody hell are you doing?” She yelled reaching to the snitch. The beater lifted up his bat.