Chapter 6: Hufflepuff? Or Ravenclaw? GRYFFINDOR!

                “Caput Draconis,” I said to the fat lady portrait. I was carrying a plate with roast beef, mashed potatoes and two rolls for Alex. I entered the common room and searched for Alex, she wasn’t there. I walked up to the dorms hoping she was there. I opened our dorm door and she was sitting on her bed strumming her guitar. “Hey, I brought you food.” I said placing it on the small table next to her bed. I looked at her. She had tears in her eyes and streaming down her face. I quickly sat down next to her.    

                “What’s wrong Alex?” I asked her. She sniffled and strummed a chord. “Oliver’s a dick.” She said looking at me.

                “What happened?” I asked now more worried than ever. She looked at me and whipped at tear from her eye. “He’s worried that Harry isn’t ready and he basically blamed me,” I got angry. I clenched my teeth. “What?!” I said through my teeth. Another tear slid down her face.

                “He brought up my accident and said that it was my fault that he’s having problems in quidditch,” She propped her guitar on her leg. “Really?” I asked. She nodded. I stood up quickly and opened the door. “Mel, where are you going?” She asked. I walked back to her and gave her a hug. She put her arm around me and put her head on my shoulder. I felt her sniffle. “I’m going to go talk to Wood,” I said into her ear. We parted from the hug. She gave me a small smile and I stormed out of the room.

                                ~Oliver’s Point of View~

                I sat with my knees propped up and rested my head on them. I stared at the Hogwarts Lake. I felt terrible for saying that to Alex. She didn’t deserve that, she hadn’t done anything wrong. I threw a rock at the lake and watched it splash into the blue water. I heard footsteps on the grass and turned around. There was Melody standing above me. Her eyebrows were turned in and her fists were clenched. I should of known this was coming.

                “You… you bastard!” she screamed. I was taken aback by her language. Melody never swore. “You know not to bring up her accident! Yet, you being the careless dick you are, you bring it up!” I stared at her. He fists were still clenched. She took a step closer to me. “There are more important things than quidditch sometimes, Oliver!” We stared at each other. I was in shock. Melody never got this angry. Where was the quiet, sweet, smart and caring Melody that I knew? “You can’t even say anything back?!” she said tearing up. I knew I deserved this. This is what I get for bringing up her accident.

                “I’m sorry Mel, I wasn’t thinking,” I finally said. Her face relaxed and she let go of a big breath she was holding in. She got tears in her eyes. Her face got angry again. “That’s all you can say?” she said through tears. I stood up. She had to look up at me now. “You never think Oliver!” I got that lump in my throat. “Mel, I’m sorry,” I said as I stood up and clenched onto her arms. “I know, you’re right. I never think. I shouldn’t of said that to Alex, she didn’t deserve it, I’ve just been stressed,” Her blue eyes were back to the ones that I know and love. Our faces suddenly were close. I got that nervous feeling again. It came once in a while whenever I was close to her. She started to cry. I tucked a strand of her long blonde hair behind her ear, using my other one to hold her up. “If she didn’t deserve it, then why would you say it? You know not to bring up her accident.” She said keeping her eyes on me.

                “I don’t know. Quidditch just gets to me sometimes.” I said. “Mel, please forgive me,” She broke away from me. “You’ve lost the rights of calling me Mel until you apologize to Alex and stop being a butt face,” I chuckled at her. Butt face? I haven’t been called that since I went to a primary school in Scotland. She pointed her finger at me. “I’m still mad at you,” she said as she walked away.