Chapter 21: The Ride Back Home

                We walked onto the train Christmas Eve morning. Liz was a bit singed from last night, but other than that she’s fine. We found the first open compartment and made ourselves right at home. Alex and Lyza sitting across from Liz and I.

                The train whistled and started to make its way to King’s Cross station. I honestly couldn’t wait to see my family. I think the same goes for the twins and Alex.

                It was quiet for the first ten minutes. Then Liz hiccupped causing a small spark come out of her mouth. We all started laughing. I guess she wasn’t fully cured yet.

                There was a knock at the door. We all calmed down as we saw Oliver standing at the door, with Percy next to him. I got up and opened the door. Oliver greeted me with a kiss.

                “Aww….” All the girls said. We pulled apart and both of us blushed.

                “Is it alright if we sit here for a while?” Percy asked as Oliver grabbed my hand.

                “Sit away,” Lyza said motioning to our seats. Percy sat next to Liz and put his arm around her. Oliver sat next to me, still gripping my hand. “Where’s George?” Lyza asked looking out the compartment window.

                “He’s um…” Percy started. He glanced at Alex. “With Fred. He’s having a… uh, pretty tough time.”

                “Why is he having a tough time? He’s with the hottest twat in school,” Alex said rolling her eyes and looking out the window. There was an awkward silence.

                “I see you’re wearing the necklace,” Oliver said taking the snitch in his hands.

                “Of course I am! I love it so much,” I say smiling at him. He kisses me on the nose. “I’ll write you this week,” I say twirling the snitch in my hand.

                “And I’ll write you,” He said giving my hand a squeeze. We heard a huff come from Alex. We look at her and she gives us a dirty look and stands up.

                “God, why don’t you two go be lovey dovey somewhere else? I think we can all agree you’re making us sick,” Alex said as she walks out of the compartment. All of us exchanged glances.

                “Sorry guys…” I said as I let go of Oliver’s hand.

                “Mel, you know Alex is only saying that because of what happened last night. Just give her a little time,” Percy said reaching over and patting me on the leg. I stand up and walk over to the door.

                “I’m gonna go find her and see if she’s okay,” I said closing the door behind me. I walked past the lady with the candy trolley, hoping Oliver or one of the twins would buy me something. I looked in each compartment that I passed, but I knew she wouldn’t be in any of them.

                “Hey, Melody,” I heard. I quickly turn around and see Flint standing in front of me. I gave him a look of disgust before turning back around. He grabbed my shoulder and turned me towards him. “I want to talk to you.”

                “There is no way in hell that I am going anywhere with you,” I said as I tugged my shoulder away from him. He grabbed it again.