Chapter 31: Secrets Revealed and Feelings Resolved

            Oliver stared at me with kind but sad eyes. Eyes that I could stare into for hours. The eyes that are so familiar to me, they feel like home. My heart broke seeing him look at me as if he still had feelings for me. But why did Liz and Lyza bring him here?

            "Mel, we've got some news," Liz said as she patted the red couch next to her. I sat down, afraid to look at Oliver in his eyes.

            "Why is he here?" I asked as I gripped the couch cushions.

            "Because Mel, he's been drugged- again," Lyza stated as she rested her hand on my knee. My ears perked up and I glanced at Oliver. He gave me a sheepish smile. I wasn't sure if I could trust him again- my heart hurt too much. I looked back down at the floor.

            "I know he was," I said, looking to Liz and Lyza. They all looked at me in surprise. "I just heard Alex in the library talking with Clara.

            Excitement, chaos, and questions took over the common room. Once my friends finally calmed down and allowed me to speak, I explained everything that I had heard. About how Alex had been giving Oliver a love potion for Clara, and how Alex has been friends with Clara this whole time.

            "Jesus Christ," Liz said as she let go of a sigh. "What the hell?"

            "I... can't believe Alex! Conspiring with the girl who has tormented us for years!" Lyza yelled. Her attention turned to me. "And she was helping Clara break your heart! What is wrong with her? She's deceived all of us!"

            "We need to go talk to her," Liz exclaimed. "This is wrong on so many levels. She's lied to all of us these past years, and she's basically drugged Oliver! She was Mel and Oliver's biggest supporter! I just don't understand it."

            "Well, it was all a lie obviously," Lyza said as she looked to me and Oliver. "I'm so sorry, Mel. This is so shitty. But...for the time being... I think Liz and I need to go calm down a bit in our room." Lyza squeezed my shoulder and mouthed 'It'll be okay.' I sure hoped she was right.

            "What? Go calm down? Now is not the time to-"Lyza shot Liz a look and Liz shut up. "I mean yeah... I totally need to go calm down."

            "We'll be back." Liz and Lyza then made their way towards the dormitories, leaving Oliver and I to ourselves.

            I stayed staring at the floor, the silence loud between us. I wasn't sure what to say, I didn't know if there was anything I wanted to say. I know it was a potion that made him act that way... but I could never forget the vision out of my head when he left me in the Room of Requirement. This was the second time he was given a potion and had left me in the dust. My heart hurt.

            "Melody..." Oliver said quietly as he moved closer to me on the couch. I couldn't look at him in the eyes. If I did, I would start crying. "Melody, you have to realize those things I said to you in the Room of Requirement were not true. They were not true to my real feelings. It was all the potion talking."

                "I know Oliver, but..." I sighed. I loved him. But my heart hurt so much at the thought of him saying those things to me for real. What if we broke up one day? I wouldn't be able to handle it after everything we've gone through.

            "But what, Melody? Please, none of those things I said or did were me," Oliver begged. He moved even closer to me. "Mel, I promise you I would never do anything to hurt you. I was not myself; I was drugged. I would never even dream of saying those things to you."