Chapter 24: Hospital Shenanigans

           I opened my eyes to the bright light. I peeked next to  me and saw Lyza fast asleep.  I sighed and held my head in my hands, wishing for this pounding migraine to go away. There was a quiet knock at the door, and Healer Jones quietly stepped in. He gave me a soft smile.

“Miss Peterson,” he whispered. He looked over at Lyza and then back to me. “Glad to see you’re awake.” I smiled at him and shrugged.

“But at what price?” I whispered to myself. Healer Jones raised his eyebrows and bent down closer to me.

“Hmm?” he said. “What was that?” I shrugged again.

“I’ve got a giant migraine. I’d much rather be back asleep where I’m not aware that I have something wrong with my head, than be awake,” I explained. Healer Jones nodded.

“I see,” he said. “Well, I’ve just come in to take your temperature, and give you some potion that might help with the migraine.” He took out a small flask from his healer coat pocket. A yellow potion sparkled inside it.

“So what’s wrong with me?” I asked him quietly as he bent down and placed his wand to my head.

“We’re not exactly sure,” he said. I pulled away from him and looked at him confused.

“So you know something about me,” I said. Healer Jones sighed and handed me the flask.

“Take this potion,” he said, dismissing my comment. I reluctantly took the flask from Healer Jones’ hand. “If you drink it all, I have  very nice surprise for you.” I looked at him confused.

“A surprise?” I asked.

“Take the potion and you shall see,” he said as he brought his wand away from my forehead. I popped open the flask and let the yellow sparkly liquid drip down my throat. The taste was horrid, but if it helped get rid of this migraine, then so be it. I held my hand up to my mouth and tried my hardest not to puke. “Good job, wasn’t so bad, now was it?” I stared at him, not saying a word. “Alright… you can come in now!” Healer Jones yelled out the door. I sat up as fast as I could, curious as to who he was sending in here.

My eyes went straight to his chocolate brown ones and my heart jumped. “Oliver,” I sighed, so grateful that he was here. Oliver took in a breath and ran up to me. He brought his arms around me and I buried my head in his chest. I felt like everything was alright for the first time I was in St. Mungos.

“Oh Melody…” Oliver whispered into my golden blonde hair and he stroked his fingers through it. We pulled apart and placed our noses on one another’s. “As soon as I got your parent’s owl I convinced my parent’s to let me take the floo network here.” I pulled away and gave him a kiss. “How are you now?” he asked when we pulled away. I shrugged and looked where Healer Jones used to be.

“Healer Jones knows something,” I told Oliver as he held onto my hand. “But I think my parents told him not to tell me anything. I don’t know… I’m just getting that feeling.”

“I don’t think your parents would keep something like your health a secret from you,” Oliver told me. I shook my head.

“You’d be surprised,” I said.”Everybody thinks I’m so fragile, including my parents. They’d keep something like that from me because they think I’d freak out and break down.”

“If it’s any consolation, I believe you’re one of the bravest people I know,” he consoled me. I blushed and smiled. I gave Oliver a quick kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you,” I whispered quietly. Oliver smiled and brought me closer to him again. I heard him sigh  and he rubbed his hand along the back of my head.