Chapter 8: First Quidditch Game

We walked into the Gryffindor common room out of breath and shocked. “Omigod!!” we heard Liz and Lyza yell. Alex and I were then plummeted by the twins. “We thought you were dead!” yelled Lyza as they gripped onto us. “Claustrophobic, guys!” Alex yelled. Liz and Lyza quickly pulled away. “Oops, sorry,” Liz said. We walked down to the couches and sat down. Everybody in the common room started clapping. “Thank you, thank you very much.” Alex said smiling. Seamus ran up to Alex and gave her a huge hug. “Hey! What’s up little booger?” Alex asked as she stroked his head. Seamus pulled away. “I thought you were gonna die,” He pulled her back into a hug, “I thought I would never see you again…”

“Aww Seamus, don’t worry I would never leave without saying goodbye.” I smiled and looked into the fire. I was then hugged by a pair of strong arms. “Oof!” I said. The arms were connected to Oliver. “Thank God…” I heard him whisper. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I heard a prissy voice say. Oliver turned to Clara, “Hugging my best friend. If you didn’t know she was just defeating a troll, she could have been killed.” Oliver embraced me again. I pushed him off. “Oliver…” He looked at me with his puppy brown eyes. “I’m sorry,” I said as I got up and walked towards the dorms. He ran after me. “Oliver, in case you didn’t hear me before… I- I can’t be friends with you anymore.” I choked on my words. His face looked heart broken. I looked at Clara before I left. She had the look of pleasure plastered on her face. I turned away before Oliver could see me cry.

******************

            “Alright Mel. Spill.” I heard Alex say minutes after I ran into the dorms crying. I sat up and shook my head. “Melody!” Lyza yelled. I whipped tears from my eyes. “Nothing’s wrong. Everything is just fine.” I said looking away from them. They all stared me down. I took a deep breath. “I just think its best that Oliver and I aren’t friends. I don’t want another thing happening with Clara.” They began to open their mouths in protest. “Please. This is my decision. You don’t think this hurts? Because it does.” I said choking on tears. Alex sat next to me and out her arm around me. “We’ll always be here for you. Whatever decision you make, we’ll help you through it. Okay?” she said. I nodded. She smiled. “Now, you kicked some troll ass today. If you ask me that was pretty brave.” Alex said getting up and getting her pajamas out of the dresser. I smiled, “You were pretty well yourself,”

                “You two almost got yourselves killed!” Liz screamed as she put her hair into a low ponytail. Alex and I laughed. Liz and Lyza rolled their eyes. I rolled over on my bed and yawned. “All this troll hunting makes you tired,”

                “Go get your pj’s on sleepyhead!” Lyza said as she got comfortable under her covers. “Tomorrow’s the quidditch game,” Alex said as she got in her bed. “Yeah…” Liz, Lyza and I said. Alex sighed. “We’re gonna go, right?” She asked. I pulled on my fuzzy pants. I don’t know if I really wanted to go with all this stuff happening with Oliver. But everybody will be there, and maybe getting out just the four of us will bring my spirits up. Maybe. “If you want to. I know you want to see Fred…” Alex blushed and pulled her covers over her head. “Goodnight!” you heard her muffled voice say. I laughed and hopped into my bed.

                “So it’s settled then? We’re going?” Liz asked while yawning. “Mmmhmm,” I said turning off the light and closing my eyes.

*****************

                I devoured my eggs and toast during breakfast the next morning. I regretted not eating any of the Halloween feast yesterday. The twins and Alex stared at me in awe. “What?” I said my mouth full of jellied toast. They all laughed. I swallowed and smiled at them before taking a drink of my apple juice.