Chapter 12: Just a Blah Day

                I woke up with a start. I didn’t know where I was. I scanned the room and let go of a breath realizing I was in the hospital wing. I looked next to me. Oliver was asleep in a chair next to me his head hanging low. I giggled and a piercing pain came through my head. I winced and sat back. I saw Madam Pomfrey come in with a tray of breakfast. She smiled and placed it on my lap.

                “You have a concussion, just a minor one. Here, now eat your breakfast you’ll need your energy.” She said as she poured some medicine into a medicine cup. I was confused. A concussion?

                “I don’t remember falling or hitting my head on anything.”

                “You probably don’t remember because you have a concussion. Now when you are done eating you need to drink this,” she said as she capped up the medicine. She looked at Oliver and giggled. “He wouldn’t leave your side, not once. He even fought with me about staying. Eventually I just gave up and let him stay.” She looked back at Oliver one more time before walking back into his office. I smiled at him and looked down at my breakfast. Scrambled eggs, jellied toast, fruit salad and orange juice. I took a forkful of scrambled eggs. I suddenly remembered last night. That hooded figure with unicorn blood dripping from his teeth. He almost killed me. He only said the first word of the killing curse. If Oliver hadn’t come… I suddenly wasn’t hungry anymore I pushed my food away from me.

                “You should eat…” I heard the tired voice of Oliver say. I looked towards him and smiled. He was just awaking from his sleep.

                “Morning sleeping beauty,” I said. He quickly jumped up and pushed his chair closer to me. “Geeze!” I said laughing.

                “How are you feeling? Are you okay?” He asked quickly. I laughed and that caused another pain in my head. I winced.

                “I’m fine.” I lied. He gave me a stern look. “You don’t need to care so much. You’ve got a lot of problems on your plate. Quidditch, O.W.L.’s, Clara…”

                “I’m done and over with Clara. I don’t care about her anymore, it’s over.” He said as he took one of my strawberries and popped it into his mouth.

                “But you didn’t have to stay overnight and watch over me.”

                “I had to make sure you were okay. Now eat.”

                “But I’m not hungry!” Oliver picked up my fork and picked up a grape. He held it up to my mouth.

                “If you’re not gonna eat, then I’ll feed you.” I laughed and ate the grape. “See now isn’t that good?” He said as he picked up a forkful of scrambled eggs.

                “Mmm,” I said as he put it gently into my mouth. We heard the distant giggles of girls. I looked up as Oliver put the fork down. It was Alex, Liz and Lyza. I swallowed my eggs and smiled at them. They all ran up to me and piled on top of me. I laughed.

                “Thank goodness you’re alright.” I heard them all say at once. I laughed.

                “Oh my god.” They said again. I heard Alex grunt in frustration. “I thought that only happened with twins!” she said throwing her hands up.

                “Well, it does…” Lyza said.

                “We just spend way too much time together.” Liz said. We all laughed. I held my head because the pain had worsened. They all gave me the same worried look. “I’m fine.” I said trying to give them my best smile. They gave me the ‘yeah, okay’ look.