Chapter 5: Creating More Problems

                “But you have to come to the quidditch practice with me to watch! Who else am I going to go with?” Alex asked me as we walked down to Care of Magical Creatures. I shook my head. “No I’m sorry Alex, ask the twins to go with you,” I said motioning to Liz and Lyza.

                “Sure we’ll go with you,” Liz said.

                “Melody why don’t you want to go?” Lyza asked me as we turned to go outside.

                “I just don’t,” I said quietly. I didn’t want to go, because I’ve been trying to avoid Oliver for the past few days. I wanted to see if my possible feelings for him would go away. Plus, I didn’t want to be there because Clara would most likely be there. I looked at Alex. “Why are you even going? I thought you didn’t like Fred?” and, I’m not sure how she’ll feel watching quidditch instead of playing.

                “He seems… sweet. I don’t know. It seems he’s matured.” She said as we walked down to where Professor Kettleburn was teaching today.

                “Didn’t the other day he picked you up and threw you to the ground?” Liz asked. Lyza dug through her bag and pulled out her camera. “I want a picture!” She said. We all huddled together. Lyza stretched her hand out and pressed the button, the flash was always the worst part with wizarding cameras. We all laughed as we all blinked rapidly and got our balance back.

“Well,” Alex said as we continued to walk. “He did… but, that was only because… He just makes me smile okay?!” Liz, Lyza and I laughed. “Someone’s gettin’ sassy,” Liz said. Alex pointed her finger at Liz. “Hey,” she said sternly. I heard footsteps in the grass behind us. I turned around and looked down. There was Draco Malfoy running up next to Liz. He was a first year Slytherin.

He poked Liz. Liz looked to her side was confused at not seeing someone right by her side, then she looked down. “…yes?” she said. Draco cleared his throat. He held up a daisy to Liz. Liz took it with the face of: What the hell?

“There’s a note,” Draco said blushing and looking at the ground. Liz still stared at him with the face. Lyza was snorting from holding in her laughter. Alex and I were giggling quietly. Draco looked up and smiled. He then ran away. I turned and looked at him. The two chubby boys with him were laughing. I heard him say “Shut up!” as they ran back into the school.

“The fuck is this?” Liz said as she ripped the note off the flower. Lyza, Alex and I all burst into laughter. Lyza even dropped to the ground. “What does the note say?” Alex asked trying to control her laughter.

I think you’re pretty. You’re is not spelled right,” Liz said as she read. She always would correct people’s grammar as she read something.

“Hah! Draco Malfoy has a crush on Liz!” Lyza said. Liz pushed her. “Shut the hell up!”

“He’s the nicest Slytherin I’ve ever met,” Alex said. “What Slytherin would give a flower to a Gryffindor?”

                “Seriously, the fuck is happening to the world?” Liz said as she crumpled the note up. Lyza was still giggling. “Looks like we’ve got yet another problem in our hands,” Alex said letting out a giggle.

“No way, I’m gonna put it straight to this kid that I’m a no no.”

“Aww! But you’ll break his evil little heart!” Alex said. Lyza was still laughing. Liz slapped her on the arm. “Ouch!” Lyza said as she stopped laughing.