Chapter 19: Christmas Ball Part Two

                When Oliver came back from the bathroom he let out a huge sigh. “Sorry, I just couldn’t watch you with him.” He said. I smiled and grabbed his hand. Then a Weird Sisters song came on. Alex jumped up and down.

                “Oh my god guys! C’mon! Let’s go dance!” She said grabbing onto my hand and Fred’s also. I grabbed onto Oliver’s and we walked over to the twins and we all started dancing crazily. At this moment, nothing else mattered. We were all happy; nothing was going wrong, even the teachers were having fun.

                We danced for I don’t even know how long, and then a slow, romantic song came on. Fred took Alex off to a corner, Percy took Liz somewhere else in the crowd as did George with Lyza. Oliver and I were the ones left in the middle of the dance floor. He blushed and put his hand out. I took it and he spun me around, and when I faced him, our faces were extremely close. He put his hands around my waist while I put my arms around his neck. I could feel stares, but I didn’t care. All I cared about was the boy who was smiling down at me. He let go of me and grabbed my hand. I looked up at him confused, but he just gave me a wink. He led me out of the ball room and outside, where it was now snowing. The snowflakes were those perfect puffy snowflakes that you can catch in your tongue and they stick in your hair.

                “I didn’t think you would come with me.” Oliver said breaking the silence. I looked at him confused.

                “What do you mean?” I asked catching snowflakes in my hands.

                “I thought because of everything that has happened-” I cut him off my putting my finger on his lips. Cliché, I know, but it worked.

                “Let’s forget about all that. I know who you are Oliver; you’ve been there since day one. I know you didn’t try to hurt me on purpose.” He sighed and looked down at the ground.

                “Okay,” He said. Then he looked at me and smiled. “Okay. I um-” He cleared his throat and twiddled his thumbs. “I have something for you.” He dug in his pocket and pulled out a small black box. I could feel my heart pounding. I looked up at him and smiled.

                “Oliver you didn’t have to get me anything.” I said as he handed me the box.

                “But I wanted to.” I smiled and opened the box. And what I saw was absolutely beautiful. It was a golden snitch locket. My face lit up and I smiled at Oliver. He looked nervous, but when he saw my smile, he smiled too. “Do you like it?” I answered him by giving him a huge hug. He let go of a big breath and hugged me tight.

                “I love it Oliver,” I said pulling back and looking at it again. I tried to open the locket, to see if was a picture one, but it wouldn’t budge.

                “You have to wait,” He said. I looked up at him. “I’ll only tell you one thing. The locket will open when you feel a certain way.” I put my hands on my hips. “That’s all I’m saying.” He said putting his hands up.

                “Would you put it on me?” I asked him trying to contemplate in my head what he could mean. He took the necklace out of the box and I lifted my hair up. He put it around my neck then turned me to face him. I let my hair fall as he looked hard into my eyes. He leaned in and our lips touched. It was the best thing I have felt in a long time. He cupped his hands around my face and we continued to kiss while the snow continued to fall.