Chapter 40

HINDI maigalaw ni Xylyx ang katawan mula sa kinatatayuan nya habang nakatingin sa nanghihinang katawan ni Sanie.

She looks like she is going to die very soon.

Her head is bleeding and her blood keeps on flowing down to her face. Her eyes were about to close but it is obvious that she's forcing her eyes to keep open. She can't even stand properly.

Fuck, he can't let her stay like that any longer. If he do, she might die at this rate.

"Lucas, please, man, let's talk this one out." He said trying to calm himself. Lucas is just staring at him without any sign of letting Sanie go. "Come on man, she's dying can't you see? If we let her stay like that, she'll die anytime soon."

"I don't fucking are!" Lucas shouted in frustration. "Wala akong pakialam. Kung hindi sya mapupunta sakin, mas mabuti pang mamatay na lang sya!"

"Are you out of your fucking mind, Lucas?!" He shouted back. Hindi nya na mapigilan ang sarili na sumigaw dahil sa inis nararamdaman nya. "You gonna let her die?! I thought you said you loved her?!"

"I love her!"

"Then why would you let her die, you fucker?!" He is panting because he's already out of breathe but he doesn't give any shit. "What did she ever done to you that she deserve to be treated like this? She was so kind towards you but this is how you gonna repay her?"

"Yes. She was kind to me." He said and laugh coldly. "But she flirted with me! Then what? She's gonna choose you over me?! You don't deserve her! You don't have the—"

"And what? You deserve her? Don't fuck with me, Lucas." He greeted his teeth in anger and trying to think a way how to get closer to them without Lucas noticing. "You think you deserve better than I do, huh? Well as you can see, Lucas, you did nothing to her but to torture her. Look at her. Look what you did to her? So do you fucking think that you deserve her, huh?!"

Lucas look at Sanie and he can say that Lucas is shock.

It was over a minute when Lucas stared at Sanie and he got closer to them but not close enough to snatch Sanie away.

Lucas look at him and pointed his gun towards him.

"Fuck, Xy, be careful." Den exclaimed.

"Alright." He let his self be seen as calm even though his insides are shaking. "Just point your gun at me. Please, Lucas, let Sanie go. She needs to go to a hospital. We both don't want her to die, right?"

"No." Lucas answered coldly and point his gun to Sanie's head and put his index finger in the trigger which made him froze. "I do want her to die. Let's both see her die now."

"Fuck, no!" Hindi nya napigilan na isira ang mga mata nang marinig nya ang pagputok ng baril.

He can't open his eyes. He don't want to see what happen. The warmness of his body left him and all he can feel is nothing but nervousness.

He is nervous that he will Sanie lying on the ground with blood flowing down from her head.

"Shit!" He heard Lucas exclaimed in agony.

Slightly, he open his eyes and look at the place where Lucas and Sanie stands.

His eyes widened when he saw Lucas lying on the ground holding his arm that is now bleeding.

He looked at Sanie who is now on the ground, unconscious.

He immediately approach Sanie to check her condition. He put two fingers on her carotid arteries to check her pulse.

"How is she?" Dirk asked him as soon as he stands beside him. "Is she alright?"

"Yes. But her pulse is weak." He stands up and looked at Lucas who is still crying in pain. "Who shot him?"