𝟮𝟳 - ❝𝟱𝟬 𝘃 𝟭❞

❝𝘪'𝘮 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘸𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘢 𝘴𝘭𝘶𝘵𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘪-𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪 𝘢𝘮, 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘣...

𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘪-𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘴
𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪 𝘢𝘮, 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦
𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵?
𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘸𝘦'𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘱
𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪 𝘢𝘮, 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦
𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺❞

- 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺, 𝘴𝘢𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳

SOMEHOW, UNFORTUNATELY, VEGEMITE HAD FOUND HIS WAY BACK TO YOU.

you wondered for a moment what it'd be like to have no annoying little shits following you.

you glance back at your feet, looking down to see both vegemite and tapdole attached by the mouth to either pant leg.

you grunt, grumbling to yourself.

what were you even supposed to do now?

you had gotten lost hours ago and it'd been almost two days since final selection.

wasn't tapdole supposed to help you find your way back?

you huff, turning to the rabid dog.

"oi, aren't you supposed to lead me back to sanemi's house??"

he unlatched from your leg and barked.

you frown.

he barked again.

your frown deepens.

he barks.

you smack your head, "ughhhh, shuttt upppppp"

he barked again. you almost lost it.

ignoring the dog, you start walking off in a random direction, hoping that hopefully maybe you'll stumble your way back to sanemi's house.

you were getting pretty hungry tbh.

your gaze drifted to tapdole.

your face scrunched up.

nah he'd prolly taste like shit..

you huff, continuing to walk boredly.

the sun was descending slowly, the mid-afternoon heat encasing you.

you rolled up your long sleeves, placing your hands on hips.

so actually what am i supposed to do.. i'm a demon slayer now and i've still not done anything! ahah! that's an idea. tonight i shall slay demons! yes!

"THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA! A TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE IDEA!"

you scream as you sprint away from a horde of about 50 demons chasing you.

how did you get in this situation? well...

flashback!

you whistle happily as you come across a big ass temple, feeling a shiver run down your spine.

"there must be a demon in here" you grinned.

tapdole sat his fat ass on the ground, not following you inside and even vegemite scampered over to him.

you roll your eyes at the two, "pussies"

you enter the building, looking around. it was pitch-black, you were unable to see anything.

well, that was until about five dozen pairs of glowing orbs appeared.

you blinked in confusion, tapping a finger to your chin.

"are there like a crap load of fireflies in here or smthn?"

the 'fireflies' started to descend on you, you squinted your eyes, vaguely making out figures surrounding the fireflies.

"erm.. what the freak?" you slowly backed away.

you pulled out your phone, turning on the flashlight and raising it.

you almost dropped it as about fifty shining, furious faces were right in front of you.

"oh..! de-mons... haha.. hi.. guys.."

they didn't blink.

you screamed, sprinting away from the building with an onslaught of footsteps following you.

tapdole whimpered loudly and attached his teeth to the clothing on your thigh, constantly being thrown up and down as you ran for you life, vegemite clinging on with one paw to tapdole's foot.

flashback now

so, that was how you ended up in this situation, screaming like a goat as your feet ached.

you were barely even watching where you were going and that was how you ended up running face first into a tree and knocking yourself the fuck out.

all fifty demons stopped in place, staring dumbfoundedly at your passed out body, a growing bruise in the shape of bark settling on your face.

they all shared looks and murmurs before backing away slowly, mildly terrified of your stupidity.

tapdole and vegemite share a look, contemplating whether or not to eat you while you slept.

sorry for the crappy little update. if you couldn't tell my motivation has been very low lately. but dw we're getting to some very interesting stuff in the next few chapters ;))

date posted ; 30/03/24