𝟭𝟰 - ❝𝗠𝗬 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘❞ 🍓

❝𝘰𝘩, 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘩, 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴, 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴, 𝘩𝘦�...

𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥
𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭
𝘰𝘩, 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴, 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯
𝘰𝘩, 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯
𝘪 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯❞

一 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘰𝘬 𝘨𝘰

NOW YOU LAY ON THE GROUND, DRAWING SMALL THINGS ON THE GROUND WITH A STICK AS YOU SWING YOUR LEGS BACK AND FORTH, LISTENING TO RUI'S STORIES OF HIS TIME AS A DEMON.

you hum half-heartedly as rui talks about all the people he's killed in a very proud tone, just nodding awkwardly.

he didn't seem to notice your awkwardness with the topic and continued, though eventually changing topic.

you also told him a few stories, some false, some true. of course, you couldn't speak the entire truth as things were very different in your time, but some things you could make your way around to seem as though they happened not long ago.

you smile proudly at your small artwork.

"okay, rui, say it after me. 'this artwork is slaying'"

he blinks in confusion, "but.. i like you artwork.. why would i want to slay it?"

you blink, smiling blankly,

right.. different meanings..

"uhmmm.. the way i'm saying means something different! saying 'slay' to something or that something is 'slaying' is basically saying it's cool and you like it, i guess. for example, rui, your hair is slaying"

his snow white cheeks dust with a soft pink as he twiddles with his thumbs.

"th-thank you.. [name]-nee-chan.. your.. outfit is slaying.."

you squeal happily, squeezing the boy in a tight hug.

"AHH RUI YOU'RE SO CUTEEE!!"

he squeaks slightly, face a brighter red as you shake him about, his head pressed right into your chest.

you rustle his hair, giving big smooches to his forehead. by this point, his once pure white face was a crimson red, not used to this physical touch he had longed for.

he slowly creeps his arms around your waist, enjoying the lovely touch.

you hum gently as you both slowly sit, you leaning against a rock and rui's arms around your waist, head resting in your chest as his legs were sprawled over your legs.

you run your fingers through his hair, humming the soft tune of 'you are my sunshine'.

eventually, the words slip from your lips, even without the greatest voice ever, with your voice soft, it was nice.

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine. you make me happy when skies are grey. you'll never know dear, how much i love you. please don't take my sunshine away.."

you feel tears gather in your eyes.

"the other night, dear, as i lay sleeping. i dreamed that i held you in my arms. when i awoke, dear, i was mistaken. so, i hung my head and cried"

tears now streamed silently down your sullen face.

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine. you make me happy when skies are grey. you'll never know, dear, how much i love you. please don't take my sunshine away.."

as you looked down, tears dripping onto your lap, you noticed rui fast asleep.

you sniffle slightly,

he can sleep..?

shrugging it off, you rest your head back on the rock and look to the sky, tears still streaming.

that would always be your secret favourite song. while you had songs you would listen to lots, this was the song that really got you.

when you were younger, your mother would always sing this song to you, but now that she's gone, the song holds painful memories. but it was one of the most beautiful songs you new, and you knew, that if you ever had children, this would be the song you would sing for them.

i guess rui was the substitute for your own child, which worked just as well.

so, finger still stroking his soft hair, you, too, doze off into a peaceful slumber.

a/n ; dang i really got into the feels with this chapter

a/n ; dang i really got into the feels with this chapter. i mostly based this chapter off my own experience when i was younger when my mum would sing this to me before she got to busy with work lol. but it really is a beautiful song and i quite literally cry every time i hear it.

date posted ; 30/08/22

date rewritten ; 13/06/23