𝟵 - ❝𝗡𝗘𝗭𝗨𝗞𝗢!❞ 💃

"ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴡ, ɪ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. ɪ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ" - 1-800-273-8255 ; ʟᴏɢɪᴄ

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

YOU STARE AT TANJIRO AS HE TALKS.

"according to the crow, this house with the wisteria crest belongs to a family that was once rescued by demon slayers. that's why they take care of demon slayers free of charge. that's what i was told, but i never though they'd show us this much hospitality." tanjiro says.

"just how great is the demon slayer corps?" inosuke grins.

"now that you mention it, inosuke, why did you join the corps?" tanjiro wonders.

"hah?"

"you had some kind of reason, didn't you?" zenitsu asks.

inosuke nods, "a member of the demon slayer corps barged in on me on my mountain, so we competed to see who was stronger, and i seized his sword" he grins.

they all deadpan at him.

what an unfortunate soul

zenitsu internally sighs.

inosuke grins as he leans back on his arms behind his head, "and then, i heard there was something called 'final selection', and about the existence of demons."

"so that's why you joined the demon slayer corps?" tanjiro smiles.

"and hey, so you and i both grew up in the mountains, huh?"

"don't lump me in with you! i don't have any parents or siblings! testing my strength against other living creatures is my only pleasure!" he stretches his arms behind his head and grabs his boar mask, shoving it on his head.

you deadpan.

"is that right?" tanjiro asks with tears pooling at the bottom of his eyes.

some time passed before zenitsu sat up with a sigh.

you all turn to him, except inosuke, who was fast asleep.

you frown at him,

lucky bitch- able to fall asleep in seconds

"tanjiro, no one is asking, so i'll ask myself. why are you travelling with a demon?" he questions.

tanjiro gasps slightly and blinks at him, before sitting up and smiling bashfully.

"zenitsu... you knew, and you still helped protect the box. you really are a great guy, you know that?"

"thank you"