(9)Caught

"I'm not some magical omniscient who predicts future!"You could sense his irritation when he said that.

"Ok fine...I am sorry. But I'm just worried about how you're gonna handle now when I'll be off for 2-3 days. You gotta be advanced so that he doesn't get in any danger." You finally replied with a much calm voice now.

"Y/n please. Don't you trust me? You know that I will do everything in order to save whoever I'm appointed for. And I'll much more cautious after what happened today. Fine?"

"Yeah." You said in an ice dry tone before hanging up.

You then called your co-workers to ask if there's any suspicious activity from the ten suspects.

The next day

Today finally it was the day of results.

You went to your workplace but before that you already informed Jimin that you'll be out of town for a few days so that they won't be worried again.

All the ten suspects were seated there silently.You wanted to check if even one of them shows slight hint of panic.

Soon the reports came and one of them was found to be using drugs.Done.

He was quickly arrested but you were still suspicious because why the heck is he so calm?Why is he not trying to do anything? He must be planning something big right now.

It may be the calm moment before the storm.

But your thoughts were halted when he started getting hysterical saying he never used drugs and that the reports are false.

You held him by his collar before threatening him.

"You think you can escape by doing this drama?" You gritted your teeth while angrily saying those words.

"Please I'm saying the truth. I never used drugs. I did work for them but it was just to earn some money to run my family. I was just like a delivery person who was incharge for their food and other necessities. Please don't kill me." He begged while fear was clearly visible in his eyes.

So maybe that's why he was not panicking before. Because he thought that the reports will show negative for him as well.

"You didn't take drugs?"Your brows drew together as you asked him.

"No mam I'm sure. I never touched them. I don't know how this report shows that." His face showed that he is saying the truth but no you can't trust him yet.

"Maybe it was mixed in your drink or something. But still you worked for them. So you're gonna help me catch the boss. Or else..." You said in a dangerous tone while glaring.

"You're not going to kill me right? I swear I just worked for surviving." He nibbled on his bottom lip in terror.

You took him to your investigation room to draw out every single detail from him.

After having everything ready you finally put that man under the eye of officials incase if he tries to inform the boss about anything.

You were ready with your team to raid the boss's current location. Surprisingly that man knew about the wife of the boss.

The wife was a victim herself. She was forcefully married to him and abused everyday.

So your first goal was to get to that lady and save her. Then she could help your team to finally know about the residence of the boss.

With your team you rescued her and arrested all her bodyguards restricting them from doing anything risky.

She was crying and scared so you consoled her.

"Please let me go back to that house. If he finds out he will kill me." Tears welled up in her eyes as her lips trembled while speaking to you.

"Don't worry nothing will happen to you. We are here to protect you. He will soon get arrested and pay for all his sins. But you need to help us. You won't be harmed at all. That's my guarantee." You reassured her in a soft voice.

Atlast the lady finally informed you about everything she knew. With that information you got an idea of his closest mates who would be your medium to reach out to him.

...

With other agents you arrived at the house where the boss and his workers met usually for meetup.

You checked everywhere and collected all the clues,along with more details about those workers.

It was past midnight when you finally went to a secret place where one of the workers resided. Whereas other agents also raided the residence of other workers.

They were all brought to Investigation room and tortured until they spewed out everything they knew.

One of them was the personal assistant of the boss who was sleeping peacefully after ruining thousands of lives already.

He was hard to get under control. No matter how much he was beaten he kept laughing and saying that soon more people will die.

He got on your nerves and that was it. You literally pulled out your belt and wrapped it half around your hand before throwing it brutally upon him. But even after an hour he had no whatsoever effect.

"You think we don't know anything about your background...your family?Your sister?" You smirked while saying the last word.

No. You had no intention of harming his innocent sister. But you needed to say it to scare him. Soon his sister was brought infront of him.

"Heejin! How dare you include her in this!! I'll kill you ! Leave her!!" He snapped while trying to free himself from the ties. Fear and anger glowed in his eyes.

That was the reaction you needed.

"O-oppa why are they beating you?Why are we here? This is so scar-" Before she could complete her sentence you pulled her out of the room in harsh and quick movements.

"LEAVE ME!"

***

Word count:1001

Sorry guys I was busy in trips and other things. I'm backk<3

Now there will be daily updates like before! :D

(Unedited)