116 : The Return

Third Person's P.O.V :-

A car hastily drove into the driveway of the Kim residents above the hill and screeched its tires against the pavement as Taehyung opened the car door and stepped down angrily.

Water droplets were running down Taehyung's wet clothes as he slammed the car door shut and briskly walked towards the front gate of the house.

"Taehyung is back!" Jin suddenly called out to Hoseok and Namjoon as he turned away from the window.

Namjoon sprung up from his seat instantly,"I'll go get him" He uttered as he took rushed steps towards the front door.

It had been hours since Taehyung had stormed out of the house without telling anyone anything. It was like doom had taken over the old house and all the three participants waited for Taehyung's return with palpable breaths. But now with Taehyung's arrival, the tension was finally looking to be resolved.

Namjoon briskly walked towards the door to open it for Taehyung but before he could even touch the doorknob, the door was flung open as it slammed into the wall behind, making a loud sound and causing both Jin and Hoseok to flinch.

A pissed off Taehyung stood on the entrance doorway as he panted and stared ahead with a hard gaze.

"Tae-Taehyung?! What happened?! Why are you all drenched and muddy?!" Jin asked as he rushed forward to cup Taehyung's face in concern.

"I went to die and came back after realizing that I shouldn't be the one to die, it should be the ones who made my life a living hell" Taehyung gritted out hatefully as he stared at the ground, his bangs covering his eyes.

Seokjin gasped in shock as he heard the words the youngest Kim uttered,"Taehyung what do you mean you went to die?!" He asked as tears welled up in his eyes.

"I wanted to die but then I realized that if I would have done so, the people who made my life miserable, they wouldn't care. They'd be living their life to the fullest while I'll be rotting in the ground" Taehyung said as he clenched his fists.

"That's not the problem here! Taehyung, you went to die? Why did you want to die?" Seokjin asked as he cupped both of Taehyung's cheeks and frantically looked into his eyes, searching for an answer.

"Are you really looking for an explanation?" Taehyung asked sternly as he yanked his face away from Jin's hold.

"My entire life, I have been toyed with, kept in the dark and subjected to unreasonable pain, confusion and betrayals, I just couldn't bear it anymore!" Taehyung said as he gritted his teeth,"I felt like an utter failure so I wanted to end my miserable existence" He said in a mellowed out tone.

"Taehyu-" Jin tried to reassure him otherwise but Taehyung cut him off midway.

"But now I have a goal, a desire, which is to make the ones who did this to me suffer, and I'd do anything to get it" Taehyung replied in a calm tone as he looked up to see the three participants of the room staring back at him with mixed emotions.

Shock, fear and skepticism swirled in their eyes as they stared back at him.

"What do you mean by that?" Namjoon  asked as he leaned away from the hallway wall and turned Taehyung towards him by the shoulder to look at him fully.

"Did I stutter?" Taehyung glared at him angrily,"I mean revenge" he explained.

"We're all here in the first place for revenge, Taehyung, what do you think we have been doing up until now?! We have two university students tied up in our basement!" Namjoon yelled at Taehyung.

"And what did that accomplish?! None of them are the ones who actually killed Noona, it was your idea to bring them into the basement and now look at us, nothing but a bunch of petty kidnappers!" Taehyung snarled to him as he rolled his eyes,"Don't get in my way, you've been useless enough so do not get in my way!" He added as he glared at Namjoon.