13 : Admiration

Third Person's P.O.V :-

Taehyung had just entered the main building of his campus when he heard it. A rhythmic beat of something hitting the floor repeatedly.

He stopped in his tracks when he heard that sound echoing through the empty hallways of the building.

He looked down at his wristwatch. He was definitely early to class by at least half an hour.

It'd be really unusual for someone to come to the campus earlier than him if only it was not the janitor who might be cleaning the floor to keep the hygiene of the campus up.

Taehyung knew he should have left the echoing sound alone, it had nothing to do with him, he could just simply head to class and pretend like he never heard that sound. Yet his curiosity drove him towards it.

Slowly stepping towards where the echo was coming from, Taehyung soon found himself approaching the locker rooms which directly was connected with the outdoor field of the campus.

The echo was coming from the basketball field. The sound was of a basketball hitting the ground.

Taehyung had got his answer. He should have gone back then and there but what would he do in class all by himself? He'd only get bored.

He liked playing basketball too, maybe if he watched quietly for a bit the player would allow him to play with him as well?

Not that he actively wanted that to happen, Taehyung told himself.

He'd just watch and return back. He wasn't there to make friends or play basketball, his purpose was way bigger than that however he could just spend a little time watching others play, there'd be no harm in that right? Right. Taehyung had convinced himself as he took active steps towards the basketball field.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't a bit excited.

Taehyung was walking towards the entry way of the field when he saw it. Within the steel fence, was a lone figure. Wearing an ordinary basketball jersey.

But something was special about the person dribbling the ball.

Taehyung couldn't exactly pinpoint why he had stopped walking all of a sudden, just intensely focusing on the figure. There was something that was mesmerising him.

He fully focused on the boy in the field while the boy repeatedly bounced the ball on the ground, playing around with it, showcasing exceptional control over the ball.

It was the first time Taehyung had seen someone that well versed at basketball.

The figure suddenly stopped bouncing it and held the ball close to his face with both hands as it looked like he was taking deep breaths to calm down.

'But for what?' Taehyung thought curiously, anticipating the unknown boy's next move.

The figure suddenly looked up at the basketball ring intently.

That boy was planning on throwing the ball straight within the ring while he was standing on the other side of the field.

The ambition of the boy left Taehyung speechless. It took years of practice to get that right. Had the boy really been training for that long?

Was that how dedicated the boy was towards his craft?

Taehyung admired that kind of routine and persistence.

"It's nearly impossible." Taehyung whispered under his breath as he gulped down his anxiety, but eyes anticipating the next near impossible thing to take place.

The figure finally took some steps back and started to bounce the ball again.

The person in the field showcased awesome flexibility and jaw dropping footwork. Taehyung nervously licked his lips, anticipating what was to happen next.

Without any warning the figure jumped in the air.

Taehyung's grip on the fence, which he didn't know when he had gripped it unconsciously, tightened.

With a perfect throw from the figure inside the fence, the ball beautifully went inside the basketball ring.

Taehyung was awestruck.

The boy did it. He aimed, prepared, put in all the efforts and succeeded. Taehyung was beyond proud for that boy.

However then the boy finally turned and all the admiration drained away from Taehyung's face.

That boy inside the basketball field was Jeon Jungkook.