Chapter 7: Babysitters (Part 4)

And so they were off to Aphmau's house a moment later, Celestia playfully nipping at their feet. The conversation was as casual as casual could get, at least between them.

“Do you think Garroth is secretly Bi?” She asked as if it was the most basic question on this green earth.

“I dont think it's a secret.” Aaron replied as they reached her front door, it swung open gently and at first it seemed nobody was home, but then Kawaii~Chan came around the corner with a questioning look on her face and a bowl of cookie batter in her hands.

“Aphmau~Senpai? Why are you- oh Aaron~Kun!” Her gaze flickered between them as her smile grew wider. Ears flicking happily.

“Hey KC, just coming to pick up a few things!” Aphmau took Aaron's wrist and immediately tried to escape whatever questions might arise. But she wasn't quite fast enough.

“Pick up a few things? Are you going somewhere?” She managed to ask as they were halfway up the stairs, Aaron was chuckling lightly, he always found Kawaii~Chan’s obsession of them incredibly amusing, expessially whenever Aph got all flustered about it.

“I'm going to be staying at Aaron's for a few days to help him look after Abby, I just need to get some clothes and stuff.” Almost as soon as the words left her mouth the Mei’fwa gasped, before dissolving into a fit of giggles.

“Ah! That's so cute!” Aphmau rolled her eyes, desperately dragging Aaron's ass up the stairs as he cackles at her blushing face. She slams her rooms door behind her, before turning to her best freind.

“Don't laugh! It's not funny!” Of course this only made him laugh harder, because now she looked irritated and he loved that look on her, where she got all red and her cheeks puffed out and her eyes sparkled at him.

“It's hilarious actually.” She punched him in the chest. And turned away pouting, grumbling to herself, something about “shipping nonsense.”

“Aw come on Aph, it's not like she's hurting anyone. I think it's refreshing, having someone so supportive of us hanging out.” She sighed, and a small smile made it's way to her face even though she was still turned away from him with her arms crossed.

“I know, it's kinda sweet in it's own… weird way. I just… I don't wanna feel pressured into anything. And she can be… really intense about us getting together sometimes.” She turned to him, this time she was blushing, but it was different, it wasn't so much embarrassment as it was closer to longing.

“How so?” His curiosity got the better of him. He'd never been present for more of the crazy shit KC had pulled, so sue him if he wasn't asking questions.

“Ugh, where do I start?!” Thankfully whatever emotion she was plagued with seemed to dissipate in favor of complaining and packing up a gym bag to stay at his place.

“She takes pictures of us. Constantly!” Aphmau grumbled, picking out a few outfits, one was a loose t-shirt that draped off her shoulder, he liked that one, even though she was always self-conscious when she wore it.

Aaron thought it looked great on her, but that was neither here nor there.

“It's not like she's posting them online though.” The next outfit was a black tee and a light purple jacket. He also liked this one, mainly because he thought she looked good in black.

“She photoshopped us making out. And it was belivable enough I had to fend off Garroth and Laurance for a week.” He froze, feeling his heart catch into his throat.

“Okay, that one is a little weird. How'd she get a picture of us close enough to make it belivable?”  He couldn't recall recently when their faces were ever that close, they just avoided getting into situations like that usually.

“Remember that one time in my living room when I tripped over Celestia and you caught me?” Ah, now he remembered, quite vividly now that he was reminded, he was so close he was breathing the same air, and her lips were slightly parted, and she'd looked up at him so…

Woah, okay yeah he could definitely see why it'd been easy to photoshop that. “Ooh… yeah I can see that…”

“Yup.” She shoved her PJ’s into her bag and then went off into the bathroom to finish up whatever she needed there, Aaron stared at her as she focused on getting what she needed.

We wasn't sure what was up with him lately. Sure he was always attracted to Aphmau, he'd always known that. And in high school they'd almost been… something. But it had been so long and she'd clearly moved on. Something he was okay with! He had to be, he'd rejected her after she'd almost begged for them to be together and even after the promise he'd made… he wasn't entirely sure if she'd still want him the same way.

He still remembered the way she tasted that night, she'd been drinking Gatorade all day so her lips were slightly sticky and tasted so sweet. Her hair had been messy and he'd still tangled his fingers in it to pull her into him. Her tiny hand near his neck, running down to where his old uniform didn't quite fit anymore and was open, allowing her to touch his chest.

His heart had begun to beat just as fast as it did that night, he licked his lips before catching himself and making himself blush. He shouldn't be thinking about that, not after all this time, and not when the woman in question was about to spend several days with him.

There was a knock on the door before Katelyn burst in looking upset.

“What is going on in here!” Aaron wasn't sure what she expected but seeing him alone leaning against the wall probably wasn't it.

“Where's Aph?” She looked at him, he'd always admired how unabashedly blunt she was, she was headstrong, and despite having a penchant for violence, he deeply respected to woman for being such a great freind to Aphmau.

“Right here.” Aphmau called from the bathroom doorway, gym bag slung over her shoulder and already looking incredibly tired by today.

“Kawaii~Chan said your staying at his place for a few days?” Katelyn nearly always sounded like she was upset, but right now that effect was doubled. Aaron glanced at Aphmau, she looked more irritated than usual.

“To watch Abby, yeah.” She replied simply.

“I wonder why Jeffrey didn't ask me…? Ah, well okay, call me while you're there? And KC too?” The roughness in her voice fell away and Aphmau breathed out in relief, it was always a 50/50 with Katelyn. Sometimes she bursts into the room because she's angry, and sometimes she just… bursts into the room.

“Yeah of course, it's only for a few days.” Aphmau smiled and gave Katelyn a tight hug, which the bluenette responded with hee own bear hug.

“And you will tell me everything that happened over there when you get back.” She whispered in her ear, and suddenly Aphmau's irritation was back in full force.

“Katelyn!” She yelped, causing her freind and roommate to laugh. “I'm teasing! Come on!”

“But seriously,  I'm gonna make you tell me everything.” Her voice fell into serious again and Aphmau had finally had enough

“Ugh! Come on Aaron!” She held him by the wrist again, dragging him down the stairs and out the door while he once again cackled at her blush and followed behind her.