The Wedding

Breath, Aaron, Breath.

That's not helping.

It had been only a few months since the "adventure." We were still recovering, but, I couldn't wait any longer.

In a few minutes I would be going through those doors, and saying I do.

I was so nervous, I was shaking. My arms felt like lead. I wasn't even this nervous about having Adrian.

Someone knocked on the door to my room.

"Come in." It was weak, I really needed to sit down.

"Its been 4 years, and you're still scared stiff."

It was Zane, I wasn't expecting him. Not that I was expecting anything mind you.

"I'm just, I'm so nervous." I said, running my hands through my hair.

"Yeah, I kinda figured." He replied in his normal monotone tone.

"Not to be rude, but, why are you here? I thought you hated me." I asked, slightly annoyed.

"I..., I don't hate you." He stumbled on his words, something he rarely did.

"You should."

He looked up at me, confused.

"W-what, why?" He was nervous now, I was probably a little intimidating.

"I knew how you felt about Aph, but I took her anyway, I'm sorry."

He stayed silent for a second, then he started laughing.

"I wasn't expecting that, I came here to apologize, not to get an apology." He replied, a bemused expression on his face.

"Why, you didn't do anything." I asked, what could he have possibly done?

"I wanted Aph to myself, I had an image in my head that I was determined to see through. But I never stopped to think what she wanted..."

I stayed silent.

"That's why, I wanted to give her this:"

He dove his hand into his pocket and pulled out a velvet box.

"Oh, No."

He opened it, inside was a purple amulet. It was beautiful, it was incased in gold.

"I was going to ask her out with this, but the night I was going to she got hurt. And that's when you kissed her." He finished

"You're not making me feel any better." I said, feeling like something the cat drug in now.

"I'm not trying to. I'm trying to make a point."

"What, that I'm an asshole?"I replied sarcastically "Because I think we've got that."

"No, I'm trying to say, she is happy with you. Happier than she ever would have been with me."

He put the amulet in my hand, and smiled.

"Give this to her, Say it was from you. I don't care, but, I just want her to have it."