Chapter 38: Shad's Estate

We went up the broken stone staircase.  But I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. I brought Aphmau closer and squeezed her hand.

Garroth, Vlyad , and Zane also looked uncomfortable, but that might of been because Travis and Katelyn were flirting right behind them.

"Aaron, I feel like I'm being watched." Aphmau whispered in my ear, latching onto my arm even tighter.

"I know, I feel it too, stay close." I replied, though now I figure near me was the worst place to be at the time.

We finally reach the front door, oddly there was now doorknob or knocker. Just a faded oak door.

"Uh, Open." I said, as an effort to wrap my head around it.

To my surprise the door sprung to life, creaking and groaning like a sick yak, it let us inside.

When the last person stepped inside the door shut leaving us in an inky black, and large room.

"I can't see I thing!" Someone yelled to my right.

"Turn on the lights!" A voice( That I later recognized as Garroths) yelled from behind me.

Doing the first thing that came to my head a clapped twice and suddenly everything was bathed in light.

We had walked into what was a very lavishly decorated hall. With black and red silk lining every corner and gold still sparkling on picture frames.

Chestnut doors dotted the hall and double doors was at the end. However the picture frames were absent of any pictures, or painting. In fact it looked as though they had been purposely removed.

"Woah, I knew Shad was wealthy. But this is ridiculous." Lucinda said from the back, and I heard a mumbling of agreement.

"Aaron, How can you control the house?" Dante asked holding Nicole close to his side.

"I-I don't know, I guess it's because I'm related to Shad." I replied, Suddenly realizing how hungry I was.

"But I am kinda hungry...."

No sooner than the words had left my mouth the double doors at the end on the hallway opened and a delicious smell entered the hall.

"That smells soooo good!" I heard Katelyn and Aphmau say at the same time. Though Aph still seemed apprehensive.

I wrapped one arm around her shoulder. I knew she was hungry(she had been complaining about it the entire climb) but I also knew that she was scared of the place.

"Come on, the worst that could happen is that the food will bad, and I know you're hungry." I said, already walking to the kitchen.

Or was it the dining hall?, Actually why did I think it was a kitchen in the first place? I've never been here before.

my stomach rumbled, pushing the thoughts out of my mind.

We entered a kitchen/ dining room and on the table was hundreds of dishes. All steaming.

I glanced at Aph who was smiling widely, she had her eyes on well all of it. And her eyes engaged us into a race too the seats.

The others entered behind us, and hesitated before sitting down near the monstrous table.

The only person that looked wary was Lucinda, and suddenly I remembered why.

Food, Drink, and Love are the three exceptions in magic. You cannot create or take away these things in magic.

It meant that someone prepared this food, and that someone knew we were coming.

A/N Guys, Spam me next time I slack off okay. I've gotten too complacent.