Chapter 2: Scaredy Aph.

She nearly throttled him, her mouth gaping at the menu like an awestruck toddler, a whine escaping her lips and her face alighting in past embarrassments.

"Aaron... no. Please." She pleaded but it fell upon deaf and uncaring ears, he had to drag her by the arm to get her to sit down on the couch.

"Happy April Fools." He chuckled out, seeing the relief wash over her face.

"We're still going to watch it." anger replaced relief and she lunged at him, only for him to catch her wrists and grin from underneath his red bandana.

"No violence." He whipped around and started the movie, only for Aphmau to respond with " It's a thriller!" In indignation. But it didn't matter, the movie had begun.

It didn't take long for Aphmau to begin to grip Aaron's arm like a lifeline, and her body rolled up in the smallest ball imaginable. Every noise made her jump and it started to extend to everytime Aaron moved.

"Are you alright? I didn't think you'd be this bad, your almost on my lap." Aaron spoke softly but it still made Aphmau jump about a foot in the air. She nodded but refused to move from her position, curling deeper into a tighter ball.

The movie went on, only for Aphmau to get more and more jumpy, but it was almost over now.

"No don't stop to make out you idiots!" Aphmau shouted from the inside of her own personal shelter made from her own body and lots and lots of pillows. Aaron just chuckled.

"Love doesn't wait." He replied, sleepiness knawed at him, but Aphmau was more awake than ever.

"Love is going to wear their skins on his face." Almost as if listening, the revving of the chainsaw exploded from the TV, as well as screams from the lead actress and Aphmau.

The credits rolled, leaving poor Aphmau in a state of abject horror, none of her food eaten, and refusing to let Aaron leave the room.

"Aph let me go." He half laughed at her desperate grabs and easily brushed her off, leaving her alone in the living room.

Every shape was a creature in the dark, every noise was the intrusion of a stranger, peering, waiting to skin her alive.

She needed to calm down, she was a grown adult, she shouldn't be afraid of the dark like this, and shouldn't let some movie scare her into submission.

In a surge of bravery, she arose from her pillow fortress, being proud at her ability to fight through fear. Unfortunately it was foiled by the darkness if the room playing tricks on her. Making dark moving shapes that moved around the room.

She felt chills crawl up her back despite the fact she knew it wasn't real. Still, she couldn't help but stare into the swimming blackness.

"What are you staring at?"

She jumped out of her skin with a shocked scream, flailing her arms like an inflatable tube man, causing Aaron to catch them before he was backhanded across the face.

"Aphmau chill out." He laughed, handing her a plate of recently nuked pizza, as the cheese was still bubbling like hot magma.

"There's no way I'm letting you go home like that. I'd feel bad." Aaron spoke between sips of carbonated diabetes. Leaving time for Aphmau to be frustrated.

"You should already! You know I get like this!" She screamed angerily, with a smile on her face, but angerily all the same.

He did, a little bit, maybe.

Nah, he didn't.

"Yeah but it's funny when I'm the one scaring you."

Aphmau did not find it funny.

Not even a little bit

"Look I'll put on some Pup Rescue, Eat and I'll be here until you fall asleep, deal?"

Aphmau grumbled but bit into the now soggy pizza.

"Yeah I guess"