Chapter 37: Land Ho!

"Land Ho!" Travis yelled, his relived voice echoing throughout the ship.

Of course it woke all of us up, as we were starting to go crazy on the ship. Most of us had never been sailing before.

I looked over, Aph was still sleeping, she moved in her sleep clutching my hand.

"Wake up, we're here." I smiled, it had to be the first time in a while. It felt almost unnatural.

"Five more minutes...." she replied groggily, shooing me away with her other hand, releasing my other.

"Can't honey, you gotta get up." If anything my smile got even larger. And a scooted closer to her ear.

"No...." she turned over, trying to ignore me.

BIG Mistake, you're on!

With a yell I pounced on her covered figure. And suddenly inside a tornado of twisting sheets as she tried to crawl out from under me.

"Aaron!" She started laughing, and so did I. But once we started it was hard to stop. We laughed until our ribs hurt, and we were gasping for air.

"Are you up?" I asked  softly into her ear, as if I was trying not to wake her up.

She smirked, " I am now, Tails."

Oh my Irene she did not just make a wolf joke.

"Why?" I asked sarcastically, "Why did you have to bring that up?" I raised my eyebrows, waiting for a witty retort.

"Because you disrupted my beauty sleep, now leave so I can change." She turned her back on me and went to one of the suit cases.

I felt I crooked smile find home on my lips, and my heart was suddenly racing.

I went up to her back and laid my head on her shoulder pressing myself against her back and holding her waist.

"Why? it's not like I haven't seen you like that before." I asked huskily, I felt the hair on the back of her head stand on end.

"Because, We both know that I am in no position..."

"I know. I was just teasing you." I looked down and still saw some of the baby weight. But she had lost quite a bit pretty fast.

I released her, and walked out the door, shutting it tightly on my way out.

On the deck everyone was preparing to get off the ship. Nicole, Travis and Katelyn seemed to be the happiest about it.

"Hey Aaron. You DO look I lot like this guy." I heard Dante yell from the shore. Where a broken stone staircase led up to a huge medieval manor. That was still somehow perfectly preserved.

I strode over to him to find that he was pointing to a large marble statue. Like the manor it was perfectly preserved. And he was right it did look a lot like me.

And the more I looked at it the similarities I found, down to his eyes and the way he was standing I could see myself being that way.

The only deference was that he was in a thick cloak. And a large sword at his side. Here he was portrayed as a hero. Everywhere else he was looked at as the embodiment of Evil itself.

"Well you are right, I do look like him."

But what I failed to realize was how RIGHT I was.