Chapter 17: Instant Regret.

Aaron's POV

"No, she is a foundling, Aph's helping me take care of her."I said happily, standing up to help with Lilith.

"Why didn't you tell us?"Dante asked, his hand in his very blue hair.

"I didn't think you wanted to know." I admitted, wondering if they actually did want to know

"Are you two dating?" Zane interjected, I could see his heart breaking in his eyes.

His eyes flashed to the ring I gave her. And I could see the rage building in his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm your best friend!!" He yelled at Aph, causing both her and Lilith(one who started crying immediately.)

"Zane, I-" Aphmau started, her voice very tiny compared to Zane's high temper.

"You what?!", You're Sorry!!?
You wanted to tell me but slipped your mind perhaps!?!"

"Z-Zane...."She tried again, this time tears welling up in her eyes.

"Don't "Zane" me, I am not d-"

"ZANE!, that's enough!" Garroth bellowed, his face just as red as Zane's.

Zane shrunk back at his brothers voice. And Aphmau had buried her head in her hands.

"Garroth... Brother...." He whimpered, his voice filled with instant regret.

"I think we all need a little break, especially you Brother." Garroth calmly stated, making him that much more intimidating.

"Aaron." He turned on me, as I was currently trying to calm both Aphmau and Lilith down.

"Yeah." I answered, turning my attention to him.

"Take care of her, if she's happy, we are happy. I'll take care of Zane." He smiled at me then turned to Laurence and Dante.

"You two meet me at the house in about an hour. Laurence, make sure Travis is out tonight. I'm going to be using the basement."

He looked at his brother with such ferocity that you would have thought he was a bear. And that Zane had just poked him in the eye.

Zane let out a tiny "Meep" before falling silent.

"Right." Laurence shakily replied, terrified of the slightly taller blonde.

That could have gone better.

Garroth dragged his younger brother out the door. Dante and Laurence just stood there with their mouth agape in shock.

"I didn't think Garroth had it in him to yell..." Laurence said after Garroth was out of earshot. "I'm not sure how I feel about it."

"Neither did I..." Dante agreed, stuffing his phone in his pocket.

I on the other hand knew full well Garroth could get that way. He's immature in a lot of ways but when he needs to be serious he will be.

Both of them took one glance at me, and bolted out the door.

Thank Irene.

"Aphmau?" I asked cautiously "Are you alright?"

She sniffed before looking up at me with a sorry look on her face.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, it's Lilith I'm worried about."

The poor girl was still bawling at Zane's yelling.

"It's alright Mommy and Daddy are right here." I said, squeezing Aph's hand in the process.

      "I'm right here"