Chapter 29: The Werewolf Duel

"Let's go back to the house, we need to explain this to Lilith."

He nodded his shaggy head before pointing to his back.

He wanted me to ride on his back, and I, as a very curious girl. Was obliged to do so.

I climbed in his long fur, and straddled his back, making me blush for a split second.

He leaned back on all fours, his claws digging into  the damp leaves.

He took off, the leaves twisting in a storm behind us, I leaned closer to his fur, trying to avoid getting smacked with a stray limb.

We burst out of the forest with speed, a trail of dust kicked up behind us, and the cows scattered.

Something burst out with us, a slightly smaller werewolf, black, and scars trailing its whole body.

It gruffly barked, "You have a mate too?, I'll get her next."

Aaron skid to a stop across the ground, his eyes turning a bright shade of yellow.

He gently pulled me off his back, and pointed to the house, but what the werewolf did next enraged the both of us.

"Do you mean, this little one?" He yanked Lilith from his back, she was crying, and kicking for her life.

"She's quite feisty, she'll make a great addition to my pack."

You...bastard....you won't get away with this...

A loud growl erupted from Aaron's muzzle, his ears laid back and his teeth showing.

"Can you even understand me?, I have your pup."

Aaron lunged at the beast, knocking it sideways and making it drop Lilith, I ran over to her, swooping her up and ushering her to safety. No bite or claw marks could be seen. And she cried into my chest.

There was a clash of teeth and claws and bodies, going against each other in an eternal battle. Black on Black and yellow on green, the werewolves fought until one couldn't stand.

Aaron finally managed to grab the older males jugular, making him stop in his tracks.

Both of them were covered in blood, bite marks ,and scratches and I couldn't tell who's blood was on who. but the smaller one spoke up.

"You wouldn't dare...."

Aaron's eyes were a bright yellow, and he bit down slightly harder, barely able to stay in control.

"Do it, protect your title like an Alpha!"

Suddenly, His eyes turned steel again and he let go, and in a growl he told the other to back off. And the smaller one just smiled.

"As you wish, Alpha."

He took off into the forest,  leaving us all on the ground, stunned.

Aaron limped over to us in a low whine, causing Lilith to look up.

She stared, from fear or curiosity I'm not sure, but she cracked a smile.

"Papa!"

She hugged his large figure, and he hugged her back, hiding his wince.

"Let's go home you two" I said, helping Aaron limp over to the house, with Lilith climbing on his back.

"We've got some explaining to do"