Chapter 14: Promise

Aphmau's POV

It was scary seeing Aaron's dad. But even scarier to know that Aaron could hate someone that much, even his own father.

He had never told me exactly what happened. Just that It involved his mother being killed.

It's none of your business, he'll tell you when he's ready.

I heard the door shut, then, eerie silence. I knew Aaron was still downstairs. And I was waiting for all fluff to break loose.

Nothing...

Instead, footsteps started to echo around the kitchen, then up the stairs.

"Hey, I know your still awake. He's gone."

It was Aaron. I mean duh, who else would it be. But, he sounded... Oddly calm

"Yeah, I know, I heard him leave." I replied, raising up from the bed.

"What did he want?" I asked as he walked over to the side of the bed, taking off his hoodie.

"Just to apologize... And I guess to see me."

"Is that it?!" I exclaimed, annoyed that we made such a big deal over it(and blushing because of the man in front of me)

"Yeah, I know, I was surprised to."

He raised up the covers and slid into bed, sighing comfortably.

"It'll be good to finally be able to sleep though, knowing that he's not coming over." He admitted, starting intently at the ceiling.

I snuggled into him, giggling as he kissed the back of my neck.

"Heh, ticklish much."

"Y-yeah"

He wrapped his arms around my waist, trapping me inside a cocoon of warmth.

Two months of Parenting and snuggles(and things😉) later...

Aaron's POV

"Lilith, Bath time!" Aphmau yelled from the bathroom, getting ready to give Lilith a bath.

Lilith stumbled around for a split second before face planting on the carpet.

Thank Irene Aphmau baby proofed the place.

Aph was gonna go home after today, Lilith was going to stay with me.

We had a routine, one week Aph stayed over. Then we would go to her house for another week.

And Celeste came with her, so now it became our dog.

I should just ask her to live with me.

Uh No. You've only been dating for so long.

So?

You know exactly where that would lead.

We sleep together anyway!

Mmmmhmmmm.