Chapter 35: Irene's Decendant (The Estate Part 3)

I told her right then, I was nervous of course, but as I told her that nervousness turned to fear.

What if She doesn't want to be with me anymore.

It surprised me, how calm she was. It was like she knew, or at least suspected this all along.
She just listened, she was a good listener, she didn't interject. And I finished telling her what I knew.

"Is that all?" I could tell she wasn't being sarcastic.

"As far as I know." I replied, ready for her rejection.

Instead, she hugged me, smiled And kissed me quickly on the lips.

"So....., Your however many greats grandfather, not you, was evil. And you think I care?"

Surprised, I whipped my head around at her, and I grabbed her hand.

"Y-You're not worried, about the curse..." I stammered looking away at her sweet smile.

"No, Not really, Aaron, do you know why my family is guarded by police so heavily?" She asked, A very knowing smile etched across her face.

"Because you're dad is the chief?" I replied, confused and lost at what was happening.

"Well, yes, that but, there is another reason."

She smiled and snapped her fingers, a large and heavy book materialized out of nowhere.

"What the-"

You are such an idiot, OF COURSE!

"You- You are...." I stammered softly, my brain going into overdrive.

"A relative of Irene. Yes, but not directly descended."

"B-but how...." I was still lost for words, my fiancé, the woman I loved, and I didn't even know.

"It's not really much, I just have a fraction of what Irene had."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I felt the heat rise in my gut. Why didn't she tell me, did she not trust me?

"I didn't think it mattered, you have such a big head anyway, knowing that you were blessed would have driven you into well, being a pompous prick."

"Hey!" I laughed, the heat was gone, I couldn't stay mad at her.

"But, if getting rid of the curse means that much to you. I think I have enough to do it."

I stopped her, and shook my head.

"Nah, I think we even it out, whatever happens, happens. And we'll deal with it together." I hugged her and..... Pushed her off the bed.

I don't know why I did it, maybe because all the  serious stress I'd been under the past few days. Or that I had just found out I'm marrying Irene's cousin, and didn't mind.

She hit the floor with a thump and she was just about to retaliate when:

"Whahahahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Adrian begin crying for food. And I smiled as she went downstairs(giving me the evil eye in the process)

Now it's time to find out more about this estate.

A/N
Did I say intense, what I meant to say was it was intense on the feels. Ugh, I think I'm losing my touch with writing.

Anyway, I'll see all in the next chapter.

Buh~Bye!