Chapter 11: Daddy?!

A/N I am in so much pain!!!! I got stung about 15 minutes ago and it still hurts, my entire foot(where I got stung) is swelling!!!

Eww Ivy, why so much detail?

Cause I'm in pain!!!!

Aaron's POV

Aph and her puns....

"Hey, I gotta get this bloke and the evidence back to HQ." I said waving a good natured goodbye to Zachary and Mimi.

There are just some things you share with someone that you have to be friends over. Apparently, knocking out a dwarf with a stick shoved up is butt is one of them.

"Wait!" Mimi shouted, carrying the little infant with her.

"Yeah?" I replied, surprised at her sudden loud voice.

She placed the little girl in my arms and looked up at me, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Take her, I can't possibly raise a child here. And without income from Doug, I won't have anywhere to stay."

Hold up!

"I-I can't, she's your girl I-"

I won't take her away from her mother.

"I know, but neither Zach nor I have the money to give her the life she deserves, and I want the best for little Lilith."

You want to give her a better life than yours.

And you don't want to give her up to an orphanage , so you've chosen me.

"Are you sure about this?, I don't want to take her from you."

I don't want her to grow up without a mother, HER mother.

Like me.

"I'm positive, it's for her own good." She said finally, handing me a little scrapbook.

"This is everything she owns, I'm sorry we can't give you more."

Even in her condition, she still wants to be a good mother.

"Right..." I didn't know what to say, everything went from zero to a hundred so fast, so with one hand I held a delicate little flower and in the other, a bastard with family issues.

I think you can guess which one was thrown in the car and which one was carefully strapped to literally everything I could find.

I dropped off the man and the evidence, before speeding off to Aph's place.

Halfway down the road, Lilith started crying, no, bawling. It was so loud I had to pull over and see what was wrong.

Tears were streaming down the baby's face and her hands were curled into fists, she was very upset.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

"Hey, hey, its alright Lilith, what's wrong little one."

Hungry.

I didn't have anything on me so I had to suck it up and go straight to Aph's house, with a screaming baby in the back seat.

I sprinted to the front door and almost ran into Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan on my way to the kitchen.

Both looked shocked, but I didn't have time to explain. I quickly found the baby formula and made food for the little one.

The second the bottle hit her lips she stopped crying and suckled on the bottle.

"So now that you've stopped being a dad, do you mind telling us what's going on?" Katelyn asked, looking at the small, now happy, baby.

"Yeah, I'm apparently a dad now." I said, too focused on feeding the little devil.

"We saw Aaron~Kun, what Kawaii~Chan wants to know is how you became a daddy." Kawaii~Chan said eyeing the baby with interest.

I retold the story, stopping multiple times to console Lilith.

"And she wanted you to take her?!" Katelyn finally blurted out at the end, making Kawaii~Chan jump.

"Yeah, she couldn't afford to take care of her, so she gave her to me. And honestly, I see where she's coming from."I replied, laying my hand on the little bundle.

Katelyn looked taken aback. "What?!, Aaron you can't be serious."

"I am, if I was in her position I would have done the same thing. If I can't give Lilith a good life, well then, Maybe there's someone who can."

She backed off with my answer, silently grumbling to herself.

Lilith, who had been oddly quiet while we were talking. Had fallen asleep in my arms.

This is really happening.

The sound of a door opening made me look up from the slumbering baby. To find a very harassed looking Aphmau.

"Guys, you won't believe what I-" Her eyes landed on me and Lilith.

"Aaron why do you have a baby?" She asked casually, as she walked up to me.

"It's a long story"