Chapter 30: The Broken Curse

My internet went out for a few days and it came back on today, and immediately(after binge watching Aphmau) started writing, Sorry!

Aaron's POV

I could feel myself becoming normal again, my fur shrinking, teeth dulling, ears reforming, my tail being painfully shoved into my tailbone.

Everything that was tinted yellow before, was now a happy orange, from the sun beaming down into the bedroom window.

Wait, Bedroom?

I sat up in the bed, bones still aching from my endeavors last night, I tried to move, but a searing pain in my leg forced me back down.

"That's not a good idea." I heard Aph's voice coming from the door way, she sniffed, her voice laced with uncertainty.

I seemed to have forgotten how to speak, but my eyes moved to her face, her eyes filled with worry, and Lilith standing beside her, hugging her leg.

I tried to say.... Anything.... But words continued to allude me.

I signaled to her to approach, and Lilith came with her, still sticking close to her mother.

"Aaron....what happened, you almost lost control, you almost...."

I put my finger up to silence her, I seemed unable to make any sort of sound, my brain seemed to have just erased the ability to speak.

I held her hand, and I motioned to Lilith to come near, she climbed up on my belly and just stared at me.

"Aaron.... Can you not....?

I smiled, and nodded, at the moment I had become mute, but if that's what I had to give up to remember them, it was worth it.

"Oh Irene, you gave up you're voice, to be with us!"

I grinned and pressed Lilith closer to my side, I knew she was to young to understand. But I was still worried about her.

"You... Shouldn't have..."

I shut her up by kissing her, I didn't care that I had lost my voice. It was nothing, absolutely nothing. Compared to what could have happened.

She looked away, I could tell she was crying.

Lilith looked up at me with huge, sad eyes. She understood more than I thought.

"I'll never be able to hear your laugh again, or hear you sing...."

I felt something stir inside my neck, but I ignored it, I was too busy trying to console both my W-Fiancé and my daughter.

"I'll never be able to hear your adorable snore, or you reading bedtime stories to Lilith...."

This time my jaw popped, but I was trying, with all my might, to do.....anything!

"I'll never again hear you say.... I love you."

A thousand words slammed into my tongue like a freight train. But only three escaped my lips.

"I Love You"

She looked at me in shock, and even I was surprised at my own voice. Lilith smiled up at both me and Aph, and I was relived and happy.

"How?!-"

I just let out a laugh, and hugged her, not caring if my leg was burning with pain.

"I love you." I said again even louder, "And I will no matter what."

She laughed happily and kissed me with such force, it was like the last thing she would ever do.

Then, just to make sure it wasn't the only thing I could say:

"Now what's this about me snoring?"