home for the holidays (pt 2)

Seven months later

"Travis?" I called out, struggling as I tried to sit up. Tears filled my eyes in frustration as I wasn't able to move properly, and I almost started crying.

"Hey, you okay baby?" Travis opened the bathroom door, coming to crouch down beside the bath.

"Can you help me out?" I asked, still fighting back tears.

"Of course, take my hands." He held out his hands. It took us a good minute, but eventually he helped me onto my feet and I stepped out. I grabbed a towel immediately, wrapping it around my huge body, keeping my eyes down on the ground. Travis tucked two fingers underneath my chin, forcing me to look at him. "What's wrong sweet girl? Talk to me."

I shook my head, one tear dripping down my cheek. Sniffing, I wiped it away and tried to pull myself together. Travis' eyes were full of concern as he searched my expression.

"Tell me." He whispered.

"I feel ugly." I admitted. "I'm huge. I don't want you to see me like this."

"Oh, baby, no, you are so beautiful." Travis said softly, stroking my cheek tenderly. "Don't you ever think I would look at you any different, ever. Just because you're pregnant, it doesn't mean you are any less gorgeous. You're carrying our baby." I sniffed, eyes still full of tears. "Hey, come sit down for a second okay." He led me into our bedroom, helping me sit down on the bed. Coming to stand in front of me, Travis took both of my hands and knelt down onto the ground. I looked at him, confused. "Taylor, you are the most beautiful woman to ever exist. I love you, and you will always be beautiful to me. You could have three heads for all I care. I know you struggle with your body and its changed a bit over the last few months, but this is all for our little duckling in there."

Travis placed his hand over my towel covered stomach, leaning in to kiss my bump gently. When he looked back up at me I nodded a little, tears in my eyes for a different reason now. He was right. I had struggled with my body image for so many years, and I had been doing so well before I got pregnant, but now I was back in that dark place again. I'd been trying so hard to keep eating enough for the baby's sake, but it was difficult. But Travis was right.

"You're right I'm sorry." I nodded again. "Thank you." Travis stood up, bending down to press a kiss to my forehead.

"Need some help getting changed?" He asked, and I nodded gratefully.

Travis had to go out for a quick meeting later that afternoon, leaving me alone with the cats. I sat on the couch, re-watching friends and sipping from my drink bottle. Being this pregnant had left me exhausted all the time, and I'd barely left the house in a month or two.

My phone rang, and I reached over to grab it. It was Mom, and I smiled to myself before answering it. She called me every couple days to see how I was feeling, and it meant the world to me. I was on strict instructions to let them know as soon as I went into labor so they could get on planes and fly in to see the baby after they were born.

"Hey Mom."

"Hey honey, how are you?"

"I'm alright." I sighed, lifting the remote and pausing the TV. "Still pretty tired, but I'm just resting most of the time now."

"Well, you've only got a week or two until your due date." Mom pointed out. "I know the last little bit is hard honey but you're strong. And Travis is right there with you."

"I know." I rubbed my stomach as the baby kicked. "I know I'm going to miss this once it's over, but I also can't wait for this kid to be out of me." Mom laughed, and I took a sip from my water bottle before realizing it was empty.