penalty

Taylor's POV

"Andy I really don't think I can do this." I whispered as I watched the Chiefs players warming up. "I barely know shit about football."

"You'll be fine Taylor." Andy chucked, patting my shoulder. "I know you've never met any of these guys, but some of them are fans and it's just for today. Travis over there is the captain." He pointed out the man I'd had my eye on since I'd arrived twenty minutes ago. "He'll tell you anything you need to know. You'll do great, I gotta go."

With that, Andy walked away. I sighed to myself, folding my arms as I watched the men do the running warmups. I didn't know why I was doing this. Andy was just friends with my Dad, and he'd asked me to coach the team for one day as practice, but I was pretty sure it was more for my Dad's benefit since he loved football so much. But I was all on my damn own with a bunch of six foot tall men, and I didn't know much about the sport. Not enough to coach anyway.

"Hey." One of them - Travis - jogged over a few minutes later. "You're Andy's friends daughter right? The one running the show today."

"Taylor." I stuck out my hand and he shook it. My cheeks flushed as I looked at him, something strange fluttering in my stomach. 

"Travis." He told me. "Don't worry, you'll do fine."

"Y-yeah." I mumbled, but he was already jogging back to the team. My face heated even further as I watched him, and it took all I had to remember the boyfriend waiting at home for me. I had a boyfriend, I had a boyfriend, and I didn't need to be lusting after this man who was just trying to be nice.

But fuck, there was something carnal about the heat that throbbed through me as I watched Travis talk to another guy. He was tall, so fucking tall, so fucking strong, so fucking masculine. I wanted to run my lips along his jaw, dip my fingers into his short hair, rip away his shirt - no, Taylor, don't think that. Fucking hell, what was this all about? Why was I so attracted to this man? 

Joe, think about Joe. Remember, your boyfriend. Sucking in a breath, I forced the filthy thoughts out of my head and tried to think about football and nothing else. Okay, I needed to do something instead of just standing there ogling one man.

"O-okay!" I called out, catching the attention of the guys. "Umm, I guess we should get started."

"You guess?" Someone called, and a few people laughed. I went red as they walked over, staring at me expectantly. I felt so out of place it wasn't funny, but I drew my chin up and tried to act the part.

"Right." I clenched my jaw. "So I'm just here for one day as a favor, so I'm not familiar with your training programs."

"That's okay little girl." One of the guys chuckled, and I looked at him. Blonde hair, blue eyes, cocky. "How about we run our training and you and I can go for a little workout of our own." He winked at me and I shuddered. I didn't mind guys talking to me like that, in fact I found it hot as hell, but only when I wanted it. And I most certainly did not right now.

"Just..." I swallowed. "Just do some throwing, practice the longer ones."

Most of the guys chuckled, jeering and throwing glances at me as they walked off to do as I said. I wrapped my arms around myself, blushing, wishing I hadn't agreed to help Andy out today. These guys were dicks who saw me as nothing but a piece of ass. I despised it, well, unless Travis was the one who wanted a handful. I'd gladly drag him back somewhere to have a workout.

"Jesus." I cursed. Joe, I needed to remember Joe, my boyfriend. 

But as practice progressed and I stumbled through it, my thoughts got filthier. I couldn't control my mind, and maybe I was getting my period or something, but all I could think about as I watched Travis was how much I wanted that hand between my legs. Maybe it was because Joe and I hadn't had sex in like a month, and the last sex we did have probably couldn't even be called sex.