Chapter 28: Disaster Relief Money and Food arrived all!

Wuliang Prefecture was the most severe area of the earthquake.

Almost all the houses in Fengcheng collapsed.

Although countless victims escaped the earthquake, they did not escape the cruelty of reality.Countless victims of ordinary conditions squatted on the rubble of their homes, crying and screaming that they were dead.

"I don't live anymore, I don't live without my house, God! The Earth! Why are you so cruel? You want to take away my house mercilessly."

A man in his thirties, sitting on the ruins of his house, wiping away tears and crying.

You know, this house is all his savings, and it just collapsed, can he stop crying?

"My child's father didn't escape, how can we live with our orphans and widows without a husband!"

On the ruins not far away, the woman held a child in one hand and cried out to the ruins, her two children thought I would never see my father again, and I cried so hard that it was heartbreaking to hear.

Lu Yanzhi, the prefect of Fengcheng, is a new prefect who has just taken office.

Although he is young, he has some skills. In addition, he is very popular for the people.He was walking on the streets of Fengcheng, which was already in ruins, watching countless children who had lost their parents lying on the ruins and weeping.

If you want to distribute some Disaster Relief Money to the entire Fengcheng people, one person may not even be able to share ten pennies.

He didn't know what to do with so little Disaster Relief Money? Are you going to piss him off?

"Sir, what should I do now?"

The subordinates who had been following Lu Yanzhi looked at Fengcheng crying all over the place, and their hearts were also aching.

"What else can I do? Of course, continue to open warehouses to save people."

"Brother, it's a good thing, a great good thing, the emperor said, first open the warehouse and release food to help the displaced people, and the Disaster Relief Money for rebuilding the house is coming quickly."

The young man rushed over excitedly and handed the imperial decree in his hands to Lu Yanzhi.Lu Yanzhi's face was blank, didn't this Disaster Relief Money arrive a few days ago? Why is there still Disaster Relief Money in the back?

He took the imperial decree, opened the imperial decree in a hurry, and then looked at the words on it carefully. When he saw the amount of Disaster Relief Money and Disaster Relief Food, he looked in disbelief.

Lu Yanzhi's expression was gloomy, and his teeth itch with anger when he thinks of the corrupt officials above who have embezzled money for Disaster Relief.

Even the Disaster Relief Money dare to embezzle, not afraid of retribution.

"Sir, if you continue to open warehouses to save people, when you pay the grain tax at the end of the year, what should you use to pay the grain tax?"

At that time, the grain tax will not be enough, but the head will be beheaded.

"Otherwise, what should I do? Did the people of Fengcheng starve to death? If this is the case, this official would rather exchange my life for the lives of the people in the city."

Lu Yanzhi had a resolute expression, and quickly said to the arresting officers behind him,

"Open the warehouse to release grain, and the grain tax will not be enough at that time. It is up to this official alone to be responsible."