Chapter 7 ~ Golden Orchard

Chapter 7

Golden Orchard

“You haven’t uttered a single word since we were with Aragorn.” I said to him.

“Well, I have now.” He replied smirking. I looked at him and gave him the choices again; “You can either go into your room, which is that one by the way or come with me around Rivendell.” I said. Pointing to the doorway behind him. 

“I think I will choose to come with you around Rivendell, just let me change out of my traveling clothes.” He said. 

“I’ll change and meet you here in fifteen minutes.” I opened the door to my room and walked in, shutting the door behind me. I scanned the room for the pile of clothing I had dropped on the floor earlier. I took of my dress off and cast it into the basket I store my worn clothes in. 

I picked up my cream tunic and put it on. I pulled on my army green pants and wrapped my weapon belt around my waist where it settled familiarly on to my hips. I slung my bow and arrows over my shoulder, put my combat boots back on and walked outside. As soon as I closed my door he opened his and stepped out. His attire was similar to mine and he looked at my confused. 

“Why aren’t you wearing a dress?” he asked curiously. 

“I hate dresses.” I said not elaborating any more than that. I continued, “I thought I would show you the Orchard, the Stables, and the Practice Area. From here we are going to go to the stables then go along with our horses through the Orchard to the Practice Area.”

“Sounds like a plan.” He said smiling.

~ ~ ~ 

I laughed and looked over at Legolas. We were riding our horses through the Orchard. He was on his horse which to my left. The path in between the trees was narrow so our legs were almost touching. I stroked my horse’s neck. 

My horse’s name was Aron, which meant light in Elfish. I named him light because he was almost faster than light itself. He was the fastest horse in all of Rivendell, most beautiful too. He was chestnut brown; the most peculiar thing about him was that he had no different coloured spots at all. No change in colour anywhere.

I laughed at another one of Legolas’s jokes, when he asked, “How fast is your horse, it certainly looks gorgeous but is it faster than Bolt over here?” I laughed.

“My horse is only the fastest horse in all of Rivendell. Perhaps even further.” I boasted cockily. He raised an eyebrow. 

“Oh really?” he said sarcsastically.

“I can prove it. Let’s have a race to the practice pavilion; it’s just up ahead. Be careful though, when the line of trees end you have to turn sharply right.” I challenged him. He nodded understandingly and said, “On my count.” I nodded “One, two three, go!” 

I kicked Aron’s flank and he knew what to do. He picked up speed and everything around us blurred we were going that fast. I gave a whoop of joy. He galloped down the path with trees on either side flying by. I looked up ahead the arena was coming into to view quickly. I pulled on the right rein, making him veer to the right cutting in between the fence surrounding the Weapon House and the fence around the arena.

I slowed down into a trot once I saw the familiar post where you can tie your horses. I swung my leg off one side so I was just sitting sideways on Aron, trotting. He slowed when we neared the post knowing I would un-mount him there. 

I jumped off and lead him towards the post. I tied his reins to the post and lifted the lid off the bucket of oats grabbing a handful for Aron. 

I heard Legolas walk up behind me and copy my movements. I turned around and watched him. 

“I told you he was fast.” I smirked. He looked up and smiled at me.

“You were really fast. I can see you really love your horse.” He said smiling fondly. I nodded and stroked Aron’s mane.

~ ~ ~ Hey you! Yeah you, with the eyes, reading this!!! Yes, you! THANKS!!! :D Love you all!

Next upload... I don't know I'm going back to school, and there's the matter with the hospital so I have no clue when I'll next update. Sorry! ~ ~ ~