Chapter 41 ~ No Passing

Chapter 41

No Passing

“YOU CANNOT PASS!” Gandalf shouted at the beast. Distantly over my screaming I heard Frodo scream Gandalf’s name. I kept screaming and struggling against Legolas. It wasn’t working. The balrog stepped forward and made the flames illuminate his whole body. 

All I could do was watch and think back to when this situation was the same.

Only my brother had been the one fighting and Gandalf had been holding me back. Gandalf started muttering under his breath and a bright white bubble appeared around him. 

The balrog brought the flaming sword down upon the bubble. Gandalf staggered backwards but was not hurt. 

“Go back to the shadow.” Gandalf spat. I screamed when the balrog stepped forward. The balrog flicked his whip to the side. Gandalf brought his staff and sword together.

“YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!” He screamed while slamming his staff on the bridge. It snorted and stepped forwards. 

The ground underneath him gave way and he plummeted down. Gandalf stood looking down at the falling balrog. He turned to join us. 

The end of the balrog’s flickering whip flew up and wrapped itself around Gandalf’s ankle. I screamed.

“GANDALF!!! NOOOOOOOO!” I vaguely heard Frodo scream too. I wasn’t sure though. I was to busy screaming. Gandalf pulled himself up with his arms. He looked up and our eyes connected. He looked scared and frantic.

“Fly you fools.” And then he fell. 

“NOOOOOOO!” I screamed. I struggled to get out of Legolas’s grip. He lifted me up and they all walked out side. I stopped screaming and I stopped trying to escape. 

I felt empty, and completely hollow. It felt just like when my mum and brother died in front of me. I didn’t even register that I was sitting down in sunlight, for the first time in four days. Tears streamed down my face as I rocked myself back and forth. I don’t know how long I just sat there bawling. I really can’t describe how it felt. 

When you experience someone’s death, it’s like a part of your heart dying. My heart was split into six. My father, my mother, Edolas (my brother), Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas and the fellowship all have equal parts in my heart. 

When some one dies, it’s like having a part of you die or go missing because they will always have that spot in your heart. My heart was already missing four out of seven parts; I didn’t know how much more it could take.

I was vaguely aware of Legolas pulling me up. Even his warm embrace didn’t make me feel better. I felt cold, alone and empty.

~ ~ ~ 

~ ~ ~ Hi guys. So, we're nearing the end. Well, I have guests coming over from England for two and a half weeks so, it is going to an interesting update pattern. Sorry, I'll try my best. 

Thanks for reading! LOVE YOU GUYS! ~ ~ ~